Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Soraya al-Menjari

Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:52 pm

D2, EA, Acting roll to disguise self and sneak out, VP 1/2 for skilled: 4d10o10k3 21

Soraya waited outside the familiar establishment in her disguise from earlier. Perhaps it wasn't necessary, what with this being a Dahabi establishment, but it just made her feel more safe after earlier. She COULD have just brought a guard with her, but she couldn't take the chance that they wouldn't let her out and leave her unable to meet with the investigator she'd hired. That just would not do.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Aydi al-Qais

Re: Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:04 pm

The investigator in question was surprised and yet not to have received the call, and to the Light & Shadow of all places. He'd never been inside, though in his patrols of the Thoroughfare he would often pass by and admire the artistry of what could be peeked on from the streets. Lavishness never impressed him too much, but precision, attention to detail, the ephemeral touch of the artist lingering on an object - that had the appeal. And the smells, of course. He enjoyed sniffing out coffee, saffron, nutmeg, vanilla and coriander of the aroma only the rich could afford.

But now he was about to walk in on invitation, and one coming from one of the most eligible ladies in all the Jewel. Coming without guards, incognito. The world was a crazy place, but it was hard for Aydi not to look forward to such craziness!

He of course made himself presentable, which involved prim clean shirt, vest and fez, for he didn't really have much variety of clothing at his disposal. But the most important part was leaving the dog with the father. The other Aydi wouldn't fit in here.

So, now when he was standing before it, what came next? Should he announce himself? Should he wait for summons? Hmmm. A social conundrum! Why had his father never given him a book "How to secretly meet Dahabi princesses 101" to study?!
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:08 pm

Sora, seeing Aydi arrive, waited a minute before trotting over to him, "Mister Aydi, Mister Aydi."

She kept her voice reasonable, stopping in front of him.

"Are you ready to head inside then?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:32 pm

"Oh... yes!" He quickly got over the surprise and smiled happily, his eyes appreciating... her disguise. Her disguise was actually very good. "In delightful company, this place no longer feels strange for me to enter. After you, Sayyeda."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:50 pm

"Do not worry, it's not a such a strange place. They have many wonderful things, I think!"

Taking him by the hand briefly she led him inside, looking around once more.

"See, see? So many wonderful things, from so many wonderful places!"
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:16 pm

"Wonderful, yes." He did take in the exquisite and opulent collection of desirables for the one percent, but his gaze rather quickly navigated toward her, and remained for a moment on her face. "Are we supposed to peruse, or is there somewhere among all this to where we're heading?"

The touch memory of her hand on his tintillatingly lingered.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:33 pm

"I think it would be best if we bought something before using one of the rooms, if I am to understand correctly. Something we could talk over. Did you have anything in mind that you might want for that?"

She'd thought about more tea but, as much as trying another variety or such would be interesting, trying something totally new would be even MORE interesting.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:50 pm

Looking at her wondering, Aydi suddenly came up with an idea, seeing some of the exquisite fruity fare in his peripheral. "If we chose some select fruit, would they make juice of them for us? I am thinking of pineapple, pomegranate, apricot... And watermelon. Especially watermelon. I won't lie, the day has made me very thirsty. And you, Sayyeda? Do you have a favourite fruit?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 pm

"Oh! I do so like melon juice. I raise my own melons at home you know; My melons are some of the best in the city in fact, or so my friends have said. So I would love to share them with you some time... as to the melons here, I am unsure if they would be the same."

She thought a moment, "Maybe there are different types of melons we could try together, something I have not had the opportunity to?"
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:47 pm

"I am... all for that, Sayyeda! Sounds very exciting!" Aydi was becoming a passionate aficionado of fruit in no time. "I also totally believe that your melons are absolutely the best in the city and beyond!" He was certain they were great, so he spoke with full confidence, not mere courtesy. "So those others we may try won't compare to yours, but they can make do."