Show Me Your Moves (EA, Edge of the Maze)

Ali ibn Farid

Show Me Your Moves (EA, Edge of the Maze)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:28 pm

(expecting, probably closed, ask first)

Directions into the Maze were worthless; Ali wasn't sure he could have even given them. Directions to the edge of the Maze, that was something else. He'd given them to the delightful, if terrible naive, princess the evening before. He waited now, wondering.

Would she show up?

Idly, Ali chewed his lip as he waited. He was dressed in his best (read, cleanest) day linens, but he wore his sword on his hip. Even if he liked her, he had to admit, Soraya seemed like she'd attract trouble. I'm not trouble, am I? Ali could guess what her father might say to that.

He cast his gaze up and down the street as he waited, stand in front of the ladder that lead to the structure he called home.
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Show Me Your Moves (EA, Edge of the Maze)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Okay, so NOW Soraya would be more careful. No more flippant princess here! Sure, she'd tried the knife before, but that hadn't really helped in the end. So she did step two and went with Raya's disguise idea.

Yes yes, this would do most nicely. Surely no one would try to kidnap her this time! She just hoped Ali would still recognize her; After all, it seemed all the more important she be there for the man's self defense lessons. ...even if they had only been an excuse to see his house in the beginning.

((D2, EA, Acting roll to disguise self and sneak out, VP 1/2 for skilled: 4d10o10k3 21))
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:47 pm

Recognize princess? Inv/per, TN21: 5d10o10k3 17

Ali's eyes narrowed as he studied the pretty young woman in the cloak, walking down the street towards him. There was something familiar about her, in face and in form... it was almost there... Ali shook his head.

"Miss," Ali said, bowing politely. It wouldn't do for her to think he was ogling her, after all...
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm

"Mister Farid."

Sora curtsied in her disguise. He was doing pretty good playing along!

"A very lovely day so far, isn't it?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:08 pm

"I... yes?" The use of his name drew his attention back to the young woman. He looked at her sharply, piercingly even. Where did he know her from? Hopefully she didn't need anything, not while he was waiting for Soraya...

wait...

He stepped closer. "Soraya?" He said softly, keeping his voice low, surprise still evident in his tone. He looked her up and down, realization slowly dawning, the corners of his lips curling up in pleased surprised. "Is that you?"
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:13 pm

A soft giggle.

"Yes, it's me. Very different outfit today, no?"

Soraya could not hide her thrill at having gotten one over on the part time guardsman.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:17 pm

Ali laughed, more at her obvious enjoyment than anything else. "Very different. I doubt you attracted any special attention coming here... well, beyond the head turning that any lovely young woman might cause."

He looked her up and down, still smiling. "Very nice, Princess. Very nice indeed."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Sora absolutely beamed like a child getting a perfect grade.

"Thank you for all the praise. Now... is it far to your home then?"
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Gently, Ali shook his head. "Not at all. It's right this way..."

He wrapped the ladder behind him with his knuckles. It wasn't too high, perhaps a dozen feet, solid wood, easy to grip. The building behind was a large one, and seemed more like a mishmash of houses that had grown together than any sort of planned structure. Balconies and doors were here and there, scattered about. A careful eye might determine where one home ended and the next began, but it wasn't easy...

Ali waited, looking at Soraya, eyebrows expectantly up.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 pm

Sora looked up at the ladder, then the rest of the doors and ledges and such before looking at Ali curiously, "Why not go in one of the ground floor doors and take the stairs or such? Unless you prefer the ladder, of course."
Influence: