Evening Gratitude (LE House of the Heavens)

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: Evening Gratitude (LE House of the Heavens)

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sun May 02, 2021 3:50 am

The other city native had kept quiet for most of the conversation - not only because his player had hardly sat in front of the computer and wasn't really feeling like phone-posting, let's say, but also because he felt frustration and anger rising up inside him, much like they did in Ali, but he had decided to try and control them by slowing his breathing while he paid attention to the others.

He did nod at Ali's and Tarset's mention that there were many in the city who were at least trying to do what they could - despite their limited means. After the nomad's last words, however, he shook his head, his expression serious but his tone gentle.

"You shouldn't apologise, sayyeda. The city is what it is, but as one who's lived here since my first breath, I feel it's good to also think of what it could be. And... while as the others said, there are good people here, and many trying to scrape a living... perhaps an outsider's view is helpful to imagine what could be."

He looked around for a moment. The temple was relatively empty, and he didn't feel he had to fear his company by adding only a few words, so he did.

"What could be... and maybe how it could come to be."

Those words said, he looked around again. Finding a donation box, he nodded at the others. "... if you'll excuse me for a moment, rofaqa (friends)", he says, then moves towards the donation box, depositing a few coins inside, then coming back to the group.

OOC:
Donating 10 pool to the temple...
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 am

She takes a moment to absorb Faruq's words, showing little but a small frown of thought. "What it could be..." she lets the pause trail off with an indrawn breath, as if to add more, and instead leaving those here to fill in his 'and how it could come to be,' as her dark eyes fix on his with the intensity a desert hare might see in them before her arrow pierced it.

"Can you show me what it could be? In the hearts of these good people of the Jewel?" The shift is not subtle, as shoulders softened with sorrow over the state of the temple roll back, and her hands stay loose at her sides. "I've all these idle hours alongside the competition to fill, after all. And I'm not used to idleness."
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 5:04 pm

Ali looked back and forth between the pair, expression neutral, hiding his curiosity. Lamis had a strange intensity about her. And Faruq, well, Ali already had his suspicions about the fellow. Positive suspicious, but suspicions nevertheless. Perhaps he'd even make a good candidate, but that wasn't for him to say.

He cleared his throat. "Faruq has invited me to do some charity work. That may be a fine place to see some goodness done. Whether by my friend here..." he gestured to Faruq, "-by some others, or just by the act itself."
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 am

Coming back to the group after the donation in time to hear their comments, Faruq looks at them both in turn. Showing what could be in the hearts of the people?

It wasn't always easy - especially as showing good while wanting water and food was even harder. But... it was possible. And seeing gratitude and some change in people's eyes might be a way to show it...

... which was very much what Ali said, putting it better than he could have himself.

He felt the man more and more as a kindred soul. In fact, he reminded of the stories his father told him. The stories about...

He was apparently troubled for a moment, but quickly shook his head, as if trying to send uncomfortable thoughts away. Soon he looked at them again with a smile that was week, but genuine.

"Sayyid Ali's idea is a very good one, Sayyeda, if you'll agree to accompany us. Although I must say I see what I", he corrects himself, nodding at Ali "what we do is not goodness in itself... but what I hope may bring others to do good as well."

Then, looking at both. "One way or another... it would be a good chance to meet some of the common people in the city. May I suggest we meet here tomorrow?"
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon May 03, 2021 3:04 am

Ali shrugged agreeably. "I can think of no reason why not. Quite to the contrary, it's something that I'd hoped to do soon. Tomorrow's as good a day as any."

He inclined his head. "That is, if the lady does not mind." He looked back at Fariq. "And if you do feel up to the company, friend."

That said, he turned his gaze to the Senpet woman, eyebrows up curiously. Did she seem interested?"
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 am

Lamis nods once. "I'd come along, yes." Another nod. "And meeting here tomorrow to leave after prayers suits as well."

There's a small moment, glancing between the two of them, but there would be time tomorrow to see what their connection was, including, perhaps, working together to rob foolish out of towners. In which case they might not find her so foolish as all that.

She leaves space for Tarset to answer, before bidding the group a fair night and the moon's peace, dropping her own offering into the box as was appropriate with every visit.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Mon May 03, 2021 5:47 pm

All of the discussion had proven somewhat poignant for Tarset, though likely for quite different reasons than the others. She couldn't rightly call herself one of those 'good people' after all, and her reputation wasn't falsely earned. The idea of doing charity work seemed almost ironic to her, but it wasn't as if she had a heart of stone, that she hadn't meant her words before.

Finally she shrugged. "Sure, why not? I'm not too bad at working, and I'm a bit curious to see what you have in mind sidi. I might arrive a touch late, but I'll be here."
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives