A Princess' Plight (EM, Off the Thoroughfare, Closed)

Jewel

Re: A Princess' Plight (EM, Off the Thoroughfare, Closed)

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Soraya pointed towards the Dahabi part of the Merchant District.

"I do admit hurrying might be nice. Especially if I can have you pick out an outfit for the ceremonies, Lady Raya."

Normally she would have been more excited about that prospect, but she was sufficiently mellowed out thanks to what had just happened.

"Come."

The princess looked to make sure Joab wasn't hurt or being too harsh with the Ra'Shari woman who was coming with them before starting to walk.
Joab's lip was split slightly but he didn't seem to notice, "I'm afraid she will not be allowed past the gates sayyeda. No Ra'Shari is without an express invitation from the head of a house." He offers a begrudging nod to Raya, "With their service today I imagine your father would issue an invitation, though I cannot speak for him, but such things take time."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 7:01 pm

Aydi was following them without speaking, watching for any signs of a second attempt. He wasn't certain it was over.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Starting to see the bars of your cage a little more clearly, Soraya?

Kezia, having pocketed the coin and the knife, unceremoniously took three of the dead woman's pool in her hand and offered them to Aydi.
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat May 01, 2021 8:23 pm

Jewel wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Soraya pointed towards the Dahabi part of the Merchant District.

"I do admit hurrying might be nice. Especially if I can have you pick out an outfit for the ceremonies, Lady Raya."

Normally she would have been more excited about that prospect, but she was sufficiently mellowed out thanks to what had just happened.

"Come."

The princess looked to make sure Joab wasn't hurt or being too harsh with the Ra'Shari woman who was coming with them before starting to walk.
Joab's lip was split slightly but he didn't seem to notice, "I'm afraid she will not be allowed past the gates sayyeda. No Ra'Shari is without an express invitation from the head of a house." He offers a begrudging nod to Raya, "With their service today I imagine your father would issue an invitation, though I cannot speak for him, but such things take time."
Not that Raya was surprised, but she thought she'd go along with the ride anyway as they hurried through the streets

"I would have thought sayyedas word would mean more to the guard, yes?" Raya asked in a curious tone "not that I don't understand the reason. Much distrust towards my lovely friendly family who welcome any to come and join our camp any and every evening."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 pm

"I don't understand it, but... I know such things happen. I know I can be pretty persuasive though. And I ~am~ an adult now. So..."

Soraya would try her best. It was the least she could do.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Joab simply shrugs his shoulders, "It is not about my word or sayyeda's word be it for or against. It is about protocol. It has been the case ever since things became heated after the... relocation... of the Ra'Shari to Peddler's Row."
GM • City of Stories

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 11:19 pm

"He speaks of custom. And in this, he is correct. Custom changes slowly, and generally doesn't bow to the will of mere mortals..."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 8:42 am

Aydi didn't generally trust Joab so he didn't share his own ideas about whether customs of the Dahabi should or shouldn't be observed. He had turned down the money with a kind smile to Kezia. He had reasons to have left them before, he kept having them now. But he thought of Ra'Shari kindly, without judgement or prejudice.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Raya

Post by Raya » Sun May 02, 2021 9:17 am

There was a small shrug.

"Ra'Shari hold no grudges, but if others do the Ra'Shari can't do much except protect their daughters from harm it seems."

She looked apologetically to Soraya.

"If they refuse there is little that can be done today. Perhaps in future days though."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Soraya just gave a nod to Raya, turning back one last time and giving a curtsy to Kezia and Aydi before walking off with Joab and the other Ra'Shari.

/exit
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse