A Princess' Plight (EM, Off the Thoroughfare, Closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: A Princess' Plight (EM, Off the Thoroughfare, Closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:16 pm

Sora looked back and forth between the four, giving a small smile to Aydi since it did indeed seem he was alright before turning back to Raya and Joab, "I will not delay, no. I apologize for the trouble I have caused... let us be on our way though and not tarry. It would not do to be ill prepared for the start of ceremonies."

She hiked up and adjusted the hastily put on robe and made ready to follow.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Kezia, having had some experience with improvisational attire momentarily debated going to lend a hand... and then thought better of it.

For one thing, my bloody handprints all over that robe are the last thing she needs...

Instead, she turned back to scooping up the coins, setting aside a third for herself, earmarking a third for Aydi if he thought to ask, and a third for Raya.

She looked at the tattoo on the dead woman's wrist. Frowned.

"Nobody gets '1' tattooed anywhere unless there's at least a '2'. Keep your eyes peeled."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:04 am
Aydi returned to the rest of the lot, thinking if he could recall anything about thieving families or organisations that tattooed their members with numbers. It was likely that these were either hirelings or self-motivated opportunists, but he leaned toward the former as kidnapping of a Menjari heiress required guts and confidence people with flimsy power wouldn't have. Unless they were deluded, which could always be the case. Sometimes people were just stupid.
(Lore:Underworld/Intelligence)
Kezia wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:04 am
"I think I might need a bath, if I'm to be presentable for the Khadi's event later..."
"Then perhaps it is best you make haste back to your caravan." Joab grunted back down having climbed up to ascertain there were no remaining threats before assisting Soraya up.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 pm

Even though he agreed with Kezia, Aydi could safely say that he had no idea whatsoever what these numbers could be about. But he could still learn it somehow, he believed!

EM1. In the know of world under!: 4d10o10k3 6

He would be the last to leave the sewers, just in case.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 pm

Soraya climbed out of the sewer with Joab's help, thankful Raya's robes were easy to move around in, and seemed to do a good job covering the blood that had gotten on her from her assailant.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Raya climbed up after Soraya, pulling herself up then offering a hand to the next person along.

"Better hurry up, not long until the competition I think?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:04 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 pm
Even though he agreed with Kezia, Aydi could safely say that he had no idea whatsoever what these numbers could be about. But he could still learn it somehow, he believed!

EM1. In the know of world under!: 4d10o10k3 6

He would be the last to leave the sewers, just in case.
Aydi is correct in his lack of, current at least, knowledge.
GM • City of Stories

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 pm

[Lore: Underworld: 13]
Jewel wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:10 pm
"Then perhaps it is best you make haste back to your caravan." Joab grunted back down having climbed up to ascertain there were no remaining threats before assisting Soraya up.
"Indeed, it'll give me some time to compose a song about a well-fed guard dog who needs the help of a stray mutt and two alley cats to do his job..."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat May 01, 2021 12:48 pm

"Which way do we go Sayyeda?" Raya asked, looking at Soraya "we should hurry."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Soraya pointed towards the Dahabi part of the Merchant District.

"I do admit hurrying might be nice. Especially if I can have you pick out an outfit for the ceremonies, Lady Raya."

Normally she would have been more excited about that prospect, but she was sufficiently mellowed out thanks to what had just happened.

"Come."

The princess looked to make sure Joab wasn't hurt or being too harsh with the Ra'Shari woman who was coming with them before starting to walk.
Influence: