A Princess' Plight (EM, Off the Thoroughfare, Closed)

Jewel

Re: A Princess' Plight (EM, Off the Thoroughfare, Closed)

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 am

Joab grimaces, "Let's get going sayyeda we need to get you back to the estate right away."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 am

It initially seemed that there was nothing of note, but suddenly Aydi realised...

EM1. Investigation! 2 Raises. VP. Luck Reroll.: 7d10o10k4 39
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:24 am

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 am
It initially seemed that there was nothing of note, but suddenly Aydi realised...

EM1. Investigation! 2 Raises. VP. Luck Reroll.: 7d10o10k4 39
Even with his skills this would be a tough one. She was Mekham, maybe some Senpet in her blood once upon a time, and obviously lower class. It seemed obvious that she was skilled at what she did, no matter how unfortunate the outcome for her - if it had only been Soraya and Joab, if it hadn't been for his premonition, things would have ended very differently - so almost certainly a career criminal which means she had been smart enough to keep to nondescript clothes. He tries to memorize her face - in a lineup of a few people he might be able to pick out kin but on a busy street the outlook was unlikely. She did have a tattoo on her left wrist, small and plain, of the number one.
GM • City of Stories

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:29 am

Sora takes the robe from Raya and puts it on before looking to Joab, "What about my friends, Joab? They risked their lives to protect me; I can't just abandon them here..."

She did not seem so fiesty about this as her arguing with him earlier, but it was clear she was serious about the point.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:51 am

"I think they've proven themselves capable of taking care of themselves. You though must get home and get cleaned. You said you would present at al-Rashid's event and it would reflect on your father if you failed to appear... and you certainly cannot appear in this state." He looks her over and sighs, "Just thank Shilah's mercy you are unharmed but it will take all the servants just to have a chance to get you ready in time.. and that is if we go now."
GM • City of Stories

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 am

"Well" Raya cut into the conversation "being that Sayyeda is already wearing something of mine right now, and you need extra hands to help, allow me to come with you. Better to have more eyes in case someone tries anything again too, right?"

She smiled at Soraya then looked back at the man.

"If we need to be quick, better to have less time debating this, yes?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:57 am

Another belabored sight, "If that is what it takes to make you go, sayyeda, then so be it. They can follow to the gates of the Houses of Dahab. If they wish to enter... that is between them and the guard."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:04 am

Aydi returned to the rest of the lot, thinking if he could recall anything about thieving families or organisations that tattooed their members with numbers. It was likely that these were either hirelings or self-motivated opportunists, but he leaned toward the former as kidnapping of a Menjari heiress required guts and confidence people with flimsy power wouldn't have. Unless they were deluded, which could always be the case. Sometimes people were just stupid.

He looked at Soraya; regardless of her father's capacity for devastating vengeance, it could have ended poorly for her. He was genuinely glad to have consulted the stars the day before, on a whim, and so he felt relief. He felt really good about what he could do about all this. Often, people from the bottom of the Jewel's pot had little chance to make a difference, but there he was, having made one. Saving a beautiful woman in distress certainly appealed to the romantic side of his soul. Joab was probably unhappy though that his job had been done by someone else, so he'd need to watch that one.

"I am fine, Sayyeda!" He smiled broadly. "I hope this exhausts the misfortunes of the day and you can go about your plans as normal now, but please keep your guards and friends close, just to be sure."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:04 am

"I think I might need a bath, if I'm to be presentable for the Khadi's event later..."

Kezia idly stooped down to go through the dead woman's belongings.

You can never have too many knives...

"Some coin here if anyone's interested."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:23 am

"Then it is settled! let us be on our way Sayyeda, Sidi."

Raya looked back at Kezia, adding "grab it for me if nobody else claims it!" before turning back to the princess and the guard and motioning upwards.

"Quickly before she is late."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari