Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Al-Haddar

Re: Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 02, 2021 7:34 am

Meresanhk wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Meresanhk chuckled lightly. "Not waiting money on bets, rather feeding families of those that you have made arrangements with..." She rose a finger. "And yours as well. I suppose you are with wife... or am I wrong?"
"Actually I'm not married yet. But I do have an old mother and many siblings of various resourcefulness, so money can be a bit tight. Especially so since my big brother died. May his soul finally find peace in the afterlife soon."

Still trying to kick me out of your turf Had'? This is a part that hasn't changed since we were kids.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Aydi al-Qais

Re: Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 8:45 am

With the event wrapping up, Aydi bade farewells to the Ra'Shari; he rushed away to investigate the pressing issue of who had attacked Soraya.

/exit
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:34 am

"Actually I'm not married yet. But I do have an old mother and many siblings of various resourcefulness, so money can be a bit tight. Especially so since my big brother died. May his soul finally find peace in the afterlife soon."

Still trying to kick me out of your turf Had'? This is a part that hasn't changed since we were kids.
She gave it some thought. "If they have various resources, why money would be tight? Wouldn't you want to exploit such things? Are they too young to be working?" She lowered her head "May the scales tilt in your brother's favor when judged." As she again analyzed the man when rising her head.
•Senpet •Unaligned •Experienced •Diplomat •Wanderer •Dangerous Beauty

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

She gave it some thought. "If they have various resources, why money would be tight? Wouldn't you want to exploit such things? Are they too young to be working?" She lowered her head "May the scales tilt in your brother's favor when judged." As she again analyzed the man when rising her head.
"Not all are grown adults indeed. And some who are didn't manage to land a stable job or one that pays more than the bare minimum to live. For example my sister normally works as an unskilled construction worker, but even in Medinaat al-Salaam there are not enough buildings being made or remade each year to go without difficult periods mixing unemployment and odd jobs.

Plus, family is always a complex thing, and we sometimes have to pay out of our own pocket to help fix some idiocy from one of our owns. If you have siblings yourself I'm sure you'll understand."
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Sun May 02, 2021 7:19 pm

The Senpet young lady smiled. "Well the Senpet empire is always looking for a good worker specially in construction Are you willing to part with her?" She gave a side nod and a smile.

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 02, 2021 10:05 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:19 pm
The Senpet young lady smiled. "Well the Senpet empire is always looking for a good worker specially in construction Are you willing to part with her?" She gave a side nod and a smile.
Al-Haddar hiccupped once out of surprise.

"Uh, sure I can relay the information to her and even arrange for the two of you to meet if you wish so. As for the rest, she is her own woman and makes her own decision.

So I know what to tell her exactly, are you expecting to return to the empire soon or is there no emergency to that affair?"

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm

"I go where the gods take me, sidi. I will be around for a few days." She closed her eyes as she pondered."I feel no rush on returning to the empire."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Mon May 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm
"I go where the gods take me, sidi. I will be around for a few days." She closed her eyes as she pondered."I feel no rush on returning to the empire."
"Sure, sure. Our Caliph and your Pharaoh are on good terms as far as I know, and there are regular caravans through the desert. Such an expedition is not nearly as big of a deal as it used to be even if I guess the logistics must still be a hassle.

Even learned a few words from Senpet merchants."

Al-Haddar's accent was thick as a brick wall, and the tone of the words more reminiscing of a heated bargain than a quiet conversation. Most of his practice of the language likely occurred at the market.

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Mon May 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Meresanhk nodded. "Hopefully we will keep the peace among us." The woman smiled at the merchant. "A good trader must learn the language one feel fits them." She giggled. "There is always an unspoken word in trading."
Last edited by Meresanhk on Tue May 04, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Tue May 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:55 pm
Meresanhk nodded. "Hopefully we will keep the peace among us." The woman smiled at the merchant. "[color=80000]A good trader must learn the language one feel fits them.[/color]" She giggled. "There is always an unspoken word in trading." She winked.
"Profit?

I mean, while a merchant must make a living, for themselves and for their family, about none of them will ever confess how much they make from each sale. Though in some cases, might just be because they're not sure themselves."