Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Meresanhk

Re: Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Post by Meresanhk » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:37 am

Al-Haddar wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:23 pm

"No, no, that won't do. The merchant who sold me the raw pistachios need to eat and feed their family. The cook who prepared them need to eat and fee their family. I need to eat and feed my family. By accepting to sell them at such a low price, I would essentially starve three families!

Since you're asking nicely, I'm willing to tighten my belt a bit.. But not that much! Let me offer a compromise. If you take two handfuls, I'll throw half a handful as a bonus, free of charge."
The woman gave it some thought. She didn't want to seem impolite nor starve 3 families. "How about this you give me a fancy bag with 4 handful and I give 20 pool." Then she glared at the man with a smile. "It must be a good bag."
•Senpet •Unaligned •Experienced •Diplomat •Wanderer •Dangerous Beauty

Al-Haddar

Re: Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:37 am
The woman gave it some thought. She didn't want to seem impolite nor starve 3 families. "How about this you give me a fancy bag with 4 handful and I give 20 pool." Then she glared at the man with a smile. "It must be a good bag."
"Hmm. Well, I don't carry the nicest bags on my person at all time... But I wouldn't be No-Issue-Al-Haddar if I didn't find a way to work around that inconvenience, would I? I think there are several events like this one planned one week long. If you return to any of them, I should be there with your order... But only if you buy a handful full price right now to seal the deal."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Meresanhk smiled. "Ah very well. A shake, a coin and the word it is a mighty contract." She nodded and took out the 5 pool. "You warrantee this contract. A handful today 3 and a fancy bag next we meet for 15 pool." She nodded as she recapped the contract. "Sounds good sidi?"

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 am
"Yes! Exactly, they speak too much now so they fail later. I know my brothers and sisters in the Ra'Shari will come and enjoy, whether they compete or not. It is the Ra'Shari way, we do not need to win or lose, we have fun."
"I see merit in your ways, Sayyeda. I wish more people were like yours, after happiness more than after distinction and wealth."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat May 01, 2021 12:47 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 pm
"I see merit in your ways, Sayyeda. I wish more people were like yours, after happiness more than after distinction and wealth."
"If more were like Ra'Shari, where would we go to visit? We need those who are settled in their ways so we can visit them, yes?" Raya laughed "I do not know cities well, but perhaps there is less feeling of celebration when you have fixed locations around you. For Ra'Shari, we are always out and open, and always we can see every day begin and end. So we celebrate it ending and beginning. Although there are often reasons to celebrate here too, like a friend safe."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 12:49 pm

He thought about it, and nodded.

"Guess I still need to experience one of your celebrations. The yesterday's night was too charged with other issues to focus on them."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat May 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 pm
Meresanhk smiled. "Ah very well. A shake, a coin and the word it is a mighty contract." She nodded and took out the 5 pool. "You warrantee this contract. A handful today 3 and a fancy bag next we meet for 15 pool." She nodded as she recapped the contract. "Sounds good sidi?"
He shook her hand enthusiastically.

"So be it.

I'll even throw in some piece of advice as a bonus in case you're interested in betting. See the guy with the strange red hair? Pretty sure he won't be able to shoot straight today. The Ra'Shari girl had him wrapped around her finger yesterday, and since she's also a contestant today... Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even have the strength to lift his bow."
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Sat May 01, 2021 1:27 pm

Meresanhk giggled to the back of her hand. "A contract is never complete with the name of whom you had the contract with. I am Meresanhk." She smiled. "I really don't know if the gods want me here to bet on these archers or try my luck on this event."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat May 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:27 pm
Meresanhk giggled to the back of her hand. "A contract is never complete with the name of whom you had the contract with. I am Meresanhk." She smiled. "I really don't know if the gods want me here to bet on these archers or try my luck on this event."
"And I'm Al-Haddar, merchant extraordinaire.

You're the one who knows her own skill best milady. As for myself, haven't touched a bow my whole life and not fortunate enough to risk the little I have on a bet, so answering a similar question is easy."

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Sat May 01, 2021 8:39 pm

Meresanhk chuckled lightly. "Not waiting money on bets, rather feeding families of those that you have made arrangements with..." She rose a finger. "And yours as well. I suppose you are with wife... or am I wrong?"