Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Al-Haddar

Re: Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Post by Al-Haddar » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:23 pm

Meresanhk wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:58 pm
She extended her hand and took the nut. She looked at it appraising its shape and color. The white shell seem quite well roasted and the inside nut seem a good shade of green and brown. Meresanhk opened the nut and ate it. Her expression showed amusement at the taste. The woman nodded her head. "Not bad, sidi, not bad at all. I would say a handful at 5 pools might be a bit high for me." She smiled. "You seem like a handsome man, I would give you 3 pools for a handful."
"No, no, that won't do. The merchant who sold me the raw pistachios need to eat and feed their family. The cook who prepared them need to eat and fee their family. I need to eat and feed my family. By accepting to sell them at such a low price, I would essentially starve three families!

Since you're asking nicely, I'm willing to tighten my belt a bit.. But not that much! Let me offer a compromise. If you take two handfuls, I'll throw half a handful as a bonus, free of charge."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Tarset Kishan

Re: Boasts and Bets (LM, Outside the gates to the Houses of Dahab, Observation Thread)

Post by Tarset Kishan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:07 am

So the morning was for announcing names an potentially boasting was it? That all meant a bit of a read on who to bet on later. Tarset found a place to observe, but truth told, she was bad at remembering names. Faces... faces she was better at.

(Open for approach to distract from actually paying attention)
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:09 am

Qasim had presented his archer in fair fashion he felt. He was never one to praise himself, well that wasn't particularly true, but none the less he seemed to have done well by the reaction of the crowd.

The merchant and seemingly budding orator moved into the crowd to see the rest of the presentations.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:33 am

Kezia wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 pm
Kezia figured it would be seen as poor form to stuff a satchel with the goodies on offer, and was restraining herself to simply... grazing.
"Don't tell me you're nervous sister. The food on display seems pretty good, you should enjoy!"

Raya had less quarms about taking advantage of the free food, and had collected plenty.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am

Raya wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:33 am
"Don't tell me you're nervous sister. The food on display seems pretty good, you should enjoy!"

Raya had less quarms about taking advantage of the free food, and had collected plenty.
"Raya, my dear, having gone up in front of everyone, there's a bit too much attention on me to fully... capitalize..."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:05 am

Aydi would finally join the lot. Seeing some familiar faces he'd greet them warmly, first the Ra'Shari, then the Senpet, and then Faruq.

"So, what has happened so far? Who's winning?" He wasn't sure about the rules of it all, being new to the world of archery. As opposed to the world of knifework, exemplified that very morning.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am

Kezia wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am
"Raya, my dear, having gone up in front of everyone, there's a bit too much attention on me to fully... capitalize..."
"Want me to take some back for you then?" Raya offered with a shrug "no pressure on me after all. I'm just the beautiful audience!"

To Aydi, Raya smiled and shook her head.

"I have no idea Sidi. I believe the actual shooting happens later?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:17 am

Raya wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am
"Want me to take some back for you then?" Raya offered with a shrug "no pressure on me after all. I'm just the beautiful audience!"
"You are indeed. You'd hardly know you began your day in a knife fight! ... And yes, please sister, if you wouldn't mind..."

She smiled at Aydi.

"Well, right now, the biggest boasts are the only frontrunners, so that leaves me out completely."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:41 am

Aydi laughted at that. "The less air in their lungs for the real shooting. Who's been the most boastful then?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 am

Kezia wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:17 am
"You are indeed. You'd hardly know you began your day in a knife fight! ... And yes, please sister, if you wouldn't mind..."
"I may or may not have to credit some of that to a certain Dahabi princess...and I shall get as much as I can for you!"

Raya laughed at Aydis comment.

"Yes! Exactly, they speak too much now so they fail later. I know my brothers and sisters in the Ra'Shari will come and enjoy, whether they compete or not. It is the Ra'Shari way, we do not need to win or lose, we have fun."