Round 1, Flight! (EE, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Jewel

Re: Round 1, Flight! (EE, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:34 pm
Al-Haddar was strolling the benches, working hard on selling the content of his basket:

"Pistachios! Who wants some pistachios? Fresh pistachios, roasted to perfection. Refill your energy after a harassing day with some pistachios."

A consumed peddler, he had his eyes elsewhere, and did notice that a few people who had no reason to have any form of martial training were doing quite well in that little tournament. That made him a bit nervous even if, ever the professional, he didn't show it.

You run quickly Had', but you aren't quicker than an arrow.
The normal chiding voice of his brother broke into a confused yell.

That's my face! Had'! How does he have my face! He stole my face!
GM • City of Stories

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:50 pm
"Oh? That this is certainly an educational experience then, I am sure." He smiled himself, slightly sweaty. "There is, it is one of our noblest martial art. Do your people practice it in general?"

He asked in curiosity.
Her irk faded, and she gave a soft grunt of assent. "From what I understand, yeah. I'm not the best help on Senpet matters I'm afraid, grew up here in the Jewel. Not a lot of my people around here wiling to admit if they were ever soldiers."
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Kezia wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:00 pm

"Oh, absolutely, but between you and me, I'm even less a horsewoman than I am an archer..."
"Really?" Rufus grins at her. "I thought I remembered that you were good at riding."

He playfully nudges Kezia. " Like I said, I'll be banking on Round 3"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Jewel wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:14 pm
The normal chiding voice of his brother broke into a confused yell.

That's my face! Had'! How does he have my face! He stole my face!
A totally reassured Haddar carefully looked around to discover what was disturbing his brother so much.

More accurately, half of his mind was searching that source of troubles to come while the other scanned the place for nooks he could hide in.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:08 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm
A totally reassured Haddar carefully looked around to discover what was disturbing his brother so much.

More accurately, half of his mind was searching that source of troubles to come while the other scanned the place for nooks he could hide in.
A gibbering spectral voice yelling in fear and anger sadly is not very helpful in providing visual cues but, in time, Haddar sees what has upset the spirit. Across the field of archery, amongst the crowd on the other side, he too sees his brother's face... though clad in finery well outside what either of them could ever have hoped to wear.
GM • City of Stories

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:05 pm
"Really?" Rufus grins at her. "I thought I remembered that you were good at riding."
"Comparing yourself to a horse? I... wouldn't go that far..."
He playfully nudges Kezia. " Like I said, I'll be banking on Round 3"
"I suppose we'll see... meanwhile, what have you been up to?"
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:48 pm

Jewel wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:08 pm
A gibbering spectral voice yelling in fear and anger sadly is not very helpful in providing visual cues but, in time, Haddar sees what has upset the spirit. Across the field of archery, amongst the crowd on the other side, he too sees his brother's face... though clad in finery well outside what either of them could ever have hoped to wear.
Everything's fine...

"Pistachios! Who wants pistachios?"

What are you doing?

"Trying not to stand out, what else," he whispered back.

"The day has been long, treat yourself to a few delicious pistachios! You deserve them."

Beyond his pretense, he glanced, as much as his all relative courage let him, in the direction of the doppelganger, trying to catch any hint of what he could be: Distinctive elements of his apparel, the company he kept, what he was doing and looking at himself, etc.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 pm

Kezia wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 pm

"Comparing yourself to a horse? I... wouldn't go that far..."
"Oh no, clearly I'm an ass"
Why do I keep joking with her so much?

"I've been seeing where I could learn about the engineering and architecture around the city. Sadly the school I wanted to look at was wrecked. I've been thinking about rooting around in the wreckage to see if I can find anything not taken."

"Oh, also I had a nice meal with a...kind of naive heiress. She's..." Rufus looks for a word that is polite. "Endowed with many assets"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 12:15 am

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 pm
"Oh no, clearly I'm an ass"
"Ah, but such a nice ass..."
"I've been seeing where I could learn about the engineering and architecture around the city. Sadly the school I wanted to look at was wrecked. I've been thinking about rooting around in the wreckage to see if I can find anything not taken."
"Wait, that school? You, ah... might want to be certain there, it, uhm... It's earned an evil reputation, and besides which, it's preserved more as an object lesson than as any sort of, well... tourist spot."
"Oh, also I had a nice meal with a...kind of naive heiress. She's..." Rufus looks for a word that is polite. "Endowed with many assets"
"Gorgeous Dahabi girl, body to excite lust, envy, or some more... exciting blends of sins? Lots of knowledge but minimal experience? Sweet enough to make you wonder if she's for real?"
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 am

Kezia wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:15 am

"Wait, that school? You, ah... might want to be certain there, it, uhm... It's earned an evil reputation, and besides which, it's preserved more as an object lesson than as any sort of, well... tourist spot."
Rufus grimaces. " The first time I heard that, I thought it was superstition. But hearing it from two different sources, and very different ones, gives me pause."

"Gorgeous Dahabi girl, body to excite lust, envy, or some more... exciting blends of sins? Lots of knowledge but minimal experience? Sweet enough to make you wonder if she's for real?"
"Leading to you thinking "there is no way she could be oblivious, she's doing it on purpose" but then really making you wonder?". Rufus nods. "Not that you are a stranger to excitement as well. You look good like this."

The outfit was not as flirtacious as the one the night before, but Rufus can't take his eyes off of her