Round 1, Flight! (EE, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Jewel

Round 1, Flight! (EE, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:39 am

(For those who wish to observe but not participate)
GM • City of Stories

Bazir

Re: Round 1, Flight! (EE, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Bazir » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:01 pm

People where here to observe.

So was he...but not quite the same things.

Bazir was busy walking around the observation grounds, not sticking to one place too long. What he wanted was sight on the Khadi and her entourage...or at least an idea on how the security around the event was organized
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 pm

Bazir wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Bazir was busy walking around the observation grounds, not sticking to one place too long. What he wanted was sight on the Khadi and her entourage...or at least an idea on how the security around the event was organized
The Khadi's entourage was primarily Dahabi hangers on. Though they had their own bodyguards and enforcers - even a gorilla! - the Khadi herself seemed to have no such protection. Some might call it overconfidence, others might call it being a nigh-immortal sorcerer.
GM • City of Stories

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Kezia wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 pm
Kezia turned the borrowed bow over in her hands, eyed the targets, and very nearly spat on the ground before realziing it would probably be a bad look in front of the Khadi, who might not take it in the intended spirit.

So she took aim at her first target, and exhaled slowly.

After they are done, Rufus edges back over to a familiar face. "It is utterly unsurprising to me that you're good with your hands Lella Kezia. At more than one thing, I mean." He offers her a mischievous smile. "But I don't think either of us are taking this round. Who is your betting on now?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 am

Tarset had said she'd be there to observe the competition, and so she was. She was dressed no more formally than usual, though really it was also no less as well.

Finding a place to sit and watch, she didn't recognize all the archers, though she recognized the dancer and the yodotai from the evening before. She also heard the name of the archer that Qasim had said he was sponsoring, and thought he showed himself well. The nomad girl caught her eye, though it wasn't the greatest performance. All the same, her eyes followed her a bit longer than the others.
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:31 am

Lamis found a spot to observe those who shot after her. She held the bow upright beside her, staff-like; though the observant would note that it never touched the ground.

So long as a competitor was on the field, her attention was focused on them. The rest of the time though? Her eyes scanned the colorful crowd, ears open.

(ooc: long work days limit posting a bit, and I'd like to avoid the folks I'm meeting for the first time in the evening thread. Otherwise, open to chat. PM if you approach for that please or I'll lose it in a crowded thread.)
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:54 am

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 pm
After they are done, Rufus edges back over to a familiar face. "It is utterly unsurprising to me that you're good with your hands Lella Kezia. At more than one thing, I mean." He offers her a mischievous smile. "But I don't think either of us are taking this round. Who is your betting on now?"
"And I see your aim has... improved "

She was clearly joking.

"But I think the Ivindi fellow has an uphill struggle once they put us all on horses, so he's the one I'll be pulling for."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:36 am

Qasim sat in the stands watching the event unfold as his archer shot he nodded pleased with the performance though it seemed his new friend from the Cafe was more than a passing enthusiast with the bow. Qasim's eyes narrowed a bit as Arash shot and for a moment he seemed to be deep in thought but the moment passed and he smiled and clapped respectfully.

For the time he sat enjoying the festivities and watching the show with the rest of the crowd.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:45 am

Faruq had once more disappeared into the crowd after his turn at shooting. His performance would - hopefully - not be remarkable enough to draw the attention of others, but hearing what was being said about the other contestants might prove interesting.
Bazir wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Speaking of which... there was this one man apparently observing the others from a distance. Faruq kept looking at him from time to time, curious, sneaking a look at where the man's own eyes seemed to be looking. Was it the Khadi's entourage he was looking at?

He wondered why...
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:36 am

"Go Kezia! Go Rhoda!" Raya from the observation area cheered for each of her Ra'Shari kin - one shooting for herself, one shooting as sponsored it seems.

She was back to her traditional bright dancing outfit, enjoying the show. It was no Ra'Shari party but it was still interesting!

(ooc - open for interaction)
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari