Out of trouble and into the unknown (LA, Entry of the Maze, Open)

Al-Haddar

Re: Out of trouble and into the unknown (LA, Entry of the Maze, Open)

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:18 am

"I'll be around. Business is always good in the vicinity of the caravan. Attract people and put them in a non-stingy mood. Which is part of the point I guess.

Which places did you visit before returning to the Jewel? The Ivory Kingdoms?"
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:25 am

"The Ivory Kingdoms?"

She paused to think.

"Yes! I was very young though, my last visit was many years ago in fact. It's not very close by unfortuantely, but I remember it being really beautiful, with so many sights. I didn't go too far in though."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:10 pm

"That long hey?

I've never understood how your caravans decided when to leave and where to go next. Nor how you manage to move so many people and material with such apparent ease through the most desolated lands. And I have no real idea of how long a trip between two more hospitable regions can be. From my never-left-the-Jewel point of view, the Ivory, the Senpet, Rokugan, they're all fell like far away but probably not that far since people of these lands all manage to reach Medinaat Al-Salaam eventually."
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 pm

"Hopefully I get to go back soon! As for when and where? Sorry, family secret" Raya tapped her nose "we have our methods though, and we trust our leaders in where they go. I don't know how far the Rokugani people are from here, but I heards it's months and months for them. I think it's months to the Ivory Kingdoms, but the Ra'Shari are used to long travels. The sands are our only real home after all. Fancying yourself a tour of the sands sidi? We don't usually take passengers" she laughed.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:57 pm

"Who would take care of my old mother if I was to go?"

Mom's fine. Just confess to the lady you're too cowardly to leave your little pathetic life behind.

"Plus, isn't there a Ra'Shari proverb about anything worth remembering happening in the Jewel?"

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:16 pm

"Are you sure we don't say that in every city to make them feel important sidi?" Raya grinned "maybe we just want everyone to feel special! I will not confirm not deny it, so don't ask. Still, there is something about the Jewel that always feels like the world is pulled to it. Things happen here, good and bad. It is always important."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:22 pm

"Oh come on. You wouldn't say that, the same way I would never say to each and every of my customers that I've kept the best melon of the lot for them. Sellers of goods and dreams never lie, that is known."

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat May 01, 2021 12:35 pm

"The best melons you say?"

Raya chuckled.

"Will you be ok sidi? I need to make my way back to the caravns, but I can see you to where you need to go if you are at risk."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat May 01, 2021 2:23 pm

"Yeah, I should be good. It's not that uncommon an event for me and I know the places I should avoid until things naturally calm down.

Have a nice evening miss... I don't think we've introduced ourselves actually. I'm Al-Haddar, professional trouble avoider and merchant of anything you might need."

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 03, 2021 11:12 am

"Ah, did we not? My apology! I am Raya" the Ra'Shari woman gave the man a wave "Take care of yourself sidi!"

With that she skipped onwards, back to the caravans. Humming a happy tune.

/exit