A Case of Confusion (EA, Ayfat's Home, Closed)

Jewel

Re: A Case of Confusion (EA, Ayfat's Home, Closed)

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:20 am

As he drew nearer it became clearer that this was Ayfat. The old man shuffled through the sewers muttering to himself, though very quietly, about something.

They were crossing an intersection of tunnels when Aydi came close enough to hear but caught only the number five being repeated.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:21 am

"Alab." He whispered. "Where are you going?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:24 am

The old man jumps with a start and spins, his hands tracing an unfamiliar outline in the air before he catches himself as he realizes, well realizes is a strong word, who stands before him.

"Damn it Aydi! This is why I left you at the house. Who knows what your barking will draw out. Who let you out?"
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 am

"Alab, it's me, your son. I was worried. Where are you going?" Aydi drew the Seal quietly to calm his father out of confusion.

EA1. Calming Emotions.: 4d10o10k3 19
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 am

Much may have been lost of a once great man but few would list his will as one of them.

(Opposed willpower - TN34 )
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:43 am

Hearing no answer, Aydi was getting desperate. It looked like he wasn't good enough with the arcane arts for them to serve him well now. "Let me at least come with you."

EA1. Willpower.: 2d10o10 12

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:59 am

The old man looks honestly affronted at the attempt and for a moment it seems like he might lash out with the walking stick he's been making use of before he sighs.

"Fine, just keep quiet."

His muttering returns though there's now a questioning tone to it. "Five... five... but was this six or nine... it doesn't matter if it's five if I don't know that."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:04 am

Aydi sighed wistfully. "What are you trying to find, Alab? Maybe I can help?"

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 am

"Help? Help? You're the reason I lost my place!"

He almost shouts before he catches himself as to where he is and the danger of it.

"Here I thought the worse you'd do is piss on my carpet while I was gone."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:39 am

That hurt. Not that it hadn't happened before; it just hurt every time. Aydi thinned his lips.

"Woof." And he said nothing more, ready to just follow and protect his old man however he was able.