A Case of Confusion (EA, Ayfat's Home, Closed)

Jewel

Re: A Case of Confusion (EA, Ayfat's Home, Closed)

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:48 pm

A long drawn out sigh and a glance back to the sewers before he surrenders, "I suppose that is acceptable."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Aydi looked around to spy the nearest coffee shop. "When was the last time we did something like that, alab? Going out together for coffee? It can be good memory, for both of us." He tried to infuse more positivity into the situation. "Would you tell me what was this escapade about?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:16 pm

"I took you out for a walk yesterday." The elder al-Qais shakes his head incredulously, "And they say the old are forgetful. Ah to live such a simple life."

At the mention of the previous events his eyes dart around and his voice lowers to a hiss, "Not in public, never in public. Too many eyes. Too many ears."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Aydi nodded, and gestured toward the pathway awned by sun-bleached eaves and laundry to remove them from the searing heat as soon as possible. "Then perhaps you could lecture me, alab, like you used to?" The young man sought way to humour his father in ways that would bring back the mindset of his younger self.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:05 pm

"Bah, if you could have learned you already would have. What use more wasted breath." The scared old man from the sewer once more replaced by the scornful one - though which Aydi he thought he was speaking to was not entirely clear.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Aydi sighed. He gave up. There was no point in trying to get past the veneer of condescension for it only thickened on each attempt. It seemed that the rift between them was unbridgeable, and widening each day. Whatever love he had for his only living family member, Aydi could only express it indirectly, with no expectation for it being recognised for what it was.

So there was this coffee place, finally. He gestured there wordlessly.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:54 pm

Ayfat let himself be led out of the afternoon heat and found a table to sit at. Intentional or not Aydi could at least be relieved that this one had two available chairs to it.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:03 pm

"The usual, alab?" He asked, sitting. He knew what his father liked, of course.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:08 pm

He nods and makes a slight shooing gesture, "Yes, yes. I did not spend this many years finding the best to ignore it now."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:10 pm

"Of course." Trying being upbeat again against his better judgement, he smirked. "I'll take benefit of this lifelong effort of yours and order the same for me." He waited for a server to approach.