Day 1, Late Evening, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Cool Nights

Aydi al-Qais

Re: Day 1, Late Evening, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Cool Nights

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 pm

Aydi brightened, but then returned to more professional seriousness. "I'll accept no gain in this other than one you may find suitable after the threat has come real and I have helped avert it. I consider your safety and my professional reputation much more important than mundane rewards. I'll devote myself to the matter, Sayyeda. Thank you for awarding me the opportunity."

He gave due consideration to Ra'shari's remark.

"Indeed. At least this is how it has been in the past for me. It resolves quickly, within one day."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:26 pm

She better pay us handsomely too!

"So we have one day to discover the peril. Did your hunch say who is in peril, or is it a general everyone could be in peril? We could use a narrowing down" Raya said, her face taking a more serious expression too "also the kind of danger. Assassination? Spiritual or magical?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm

"Unsuitable suitors, perhaps?"
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:35 pm

"I don't know about any other of us here, but it's certainly about Sayyeda..." He didn't know the name, so he indicated with his gaze. "Sayyeda. I want to start tonight and know something more by morning, but for that I'd need to know more about your planned whereabouts for tonight and tomorrow."

He nodded to what Kezia was saying, choosing to ignore the possible sarcasm. "That's a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised, given a woman of such resplendence must be pestered by many. But it may be that it's about falling victim to a larger intrigue in which someone else is the real target, like her father."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:08 pm

A small smirk, "Not so much, really. My father makes it known he is not interested in my marrying just yet, so there are not many suitors. Or, if there are, they are not made known to me. Still, it might be a bit romantic if pretty woman or handsome man had designs to whisk me away and hold me in secret because their passion for me is so great..~"

She let out a wistful sigh before composing herself, "Still... I realize that might not ACTUALLY be all that romantic, and it could be something more dangerous even still. Assuming the universe is not messing with you. As to me, I should introduce myself if you will all be trust me to behave myself; I am Soraya-al-Menjari, daughter of Rashid-al-Menjari, internal record keeper and council member for House Menjari of Menaat al Salaam."

A small curtsy like motion.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm

So... rich, sheltered, gorgeous, clueless...

It's too bad I have a conscience.
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 pm

At that moment of disclosure, Aydi briefly concluded that a Menjari heiress was so much above his paygrade that if he had portended for himself tonight, the omen would have been way more perilous. But then, that part of him that treated reason like one would treat a convenient boxable tool and thus let the emotions be the daily caretakers was excited about the prospect. The mixture of awe and enthusiasm carved his smile as he returned the curtsy with a way deeper expression of respect and commitment.

"I'll do my best, Sayyeda al-Menjari!" It was what escaped his lips as a response to what she said. Though his imagination needn't have been fed with the figurative description of whisking away because of great passion as that line of wild imagery was as prone to disregard as a sirocco coming from deep desert. Still, disregard it he must for he now believed more than ever than the threat was real and he needed all his wits to face it.

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 am

I thought she might be wealthy but not that wealthy...I better get paid very well then!

"So it could be a kidnapping plot" Raya said thoughtfully "steal pretty wealthy daughter, demand money or they kill or do other things to said daughter. And sayyeda can't not go as she has sponsored someone, yes? Then why not use a disguise, or have someone go pretending to be Sayyeda as a trap to catch whoever is plotting peril?"

She took a few moments to study the princess before saying "we have the same hair and eye colour, the height is the issue but perhaps if we give the appearance of taller footwear?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 am

"I think that if it's a simple kidnapping plot, the greatest danger is right before or after the event, when the ruckus is greatest. If it's more elaborate and planned ahead, it depends on whether the culprits are audacious enough to disrupt the event itself." He frowned in thought. "I'd consider the former more likely, but I hope to know more after tonight."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:35 pm

"A... disguise? I could not do so for the tournament certainly. Perhaps in between here and there, as it were, but..."

She frowns.

"To think though, that someone would be so crass as to want simple coin that much. I suppose it does take a lot of work to keep track of and obtain and such, but still..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse