Day 1, Late Evening, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Cool Nights

Aydi al-Qais

Re: Day 1, Late Evening, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Cool Nights

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:04 am

Having the woman's attention, he shook his head in genuine worry. "Alas, I know nothing more yet. But I could investigate! I am Aydi al-Qais, and I am good at turning omens into evidence. At this point I can only speculate it may be somehow related to the upheaval of the archery contest as it is the most momentous event tomorrow." He looked at the Ra'Shari dancer. "I am sure your community is strong and I admire you for it but nothing under Shilah and even less so under Kaleel can be fully controlled."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:52 pm

"You don't need to control a thing to ride it out. Every day brings fresh perils. What of it?"
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:02 pm

Raya nodded in agreement with Kezia.

"It sounds exciting and mysterious, but you don't know anything more than a bad feeling about this archery contest?"

She peered at the others.

"Were any of you attending this event in question? Personally I think the Ra'Shari entertainment would be nicer than this, but if there is danger there then it is important to know what, yes?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm

"My hunches are quite reliable. Of all people, I'd expect Ra'Shari to give credit to spontaneous divination. Unless what I've heard about your fortune tellers is but a story?" The man smiled in a way that softened the statement so that it couldn't be taken as pretentious but a genuine concern about being misunderstood in his intentions. "I'd rather not see then proven while they substantiate if they are as ominous as this one. I'd be remiss withholding this from you, Sayyeda, whatever the worth of my warning." He bowed his head to the noblewoman.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm

Raya wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:02 pm
Raya nodded in agreement with Kezia.

"It sounds exciting and mysterious, but you don't know anything more than a bad feeling about this archery contest?"

She peered at the others.

"Were any of you attending this event in question? Personally I think the Ra'Shari entertainment would be nicer than this, but if there is danger there then it is important to know what, yes?"
"Oh, Oh...! I shall be there myself. I sponsored and archer all by myself, even if daddy had some say in who I could or could not choose..."

She frowned a moment before brightening right back up.
Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm
"My hunches are quite reliable. Of all people, I'd expect Ra'Shari to give credit to spontaneous divination. Unless what I've heard about your fortune tellers is but a story?" The man smiled in a way that softened the statement so that it couldn't be taken as pretentious but a genuine concern about being misunderstood in his intentions. "I'd rather not see then proven while they substantiate if they are as ominous as this one. I'd be remiss withholding this from you, Sayyeda, whatever the worth of my warning." He bowed his head to the noblewoman.
Sora looked over at the man, "I shall personally take your words seriously, though I am unsure what to do about them."

She looked over at the two Ra'Shari women, "You two seem brave; If I were with you, I would feel safe."

A pause and a thoughtful moment, "Or I could stick close to daddy... Though this was supposed to be my one opportunity to be out from under his turban. And if I told him I might be in danger, he'd put me back in the manor for the rest of the tournament most definitively."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:07 pm

"We place great stock in our diviners... but with all due respect, sir, you're not one of them, and we have no idea what this hunch of yours is based on. If you wish to warn a young, beautiful, and wealthy woman that there's peril in her life..."

Kezia grinned as she let the statement trail off.

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:11 pm

"...of a hunch that only you know of, that you cannot say any more about, and that only you can solve" Raya finished what Kezia was saying.

"It sounds like a scam Bashul would try" she added in her own language to Kezia with a laugh, before turning back to the others.
Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm
Sora looked over at the man, "I shall personally take your words seriously, though I am unsure what to do about them."

She looked over at the two Ra'Shari women, "You two seem brave; If I were with you, I would feel safe."

A pause and a thoughtful moment, "Or I could stick close to daddy... Though this was supposed to be my one opportunity to be out from under his turban. And if I told him I might be in danger, he'd put me back in the manor for the rest of the tournament most definitively."
Hmm....

"Sayyeda wishes to enjoy her freedom, but worries she would lose it if she remained close to her father yes?" Raya looked thoughtful "if your father was to learn he would surely bid you return home. How about instead...one of us looks after you? We are aware of the situation, and Ra'Shari value freedom, so we can both give you that freedom while keeping an eye on your safety. It would work well, yes?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Aydi was a bit internally dismayed by the thinly veiled aura of scepticism and disbelief, but what else could he do? It's not like they had any reason to believe him. His conscience was appeased, however, by the decision to speak out despite expecting exactly that. His father would probably scold him for even giving this slight hint about his access to the arcane arts that were criminally forbidden. And, thinking about it, he would probably be right, since it was as much goodness as being hormonal cavalier for a damsel in distress that had set him on this course of action. But then, his father was scolding him for nearly everything, and he had to chart his own path through the life he inherited.

But then, the woman in question seemed to be the one who at least to some extent had taken his words seriously, and obviously had means to increase chances that her personal safety wouldn't be compromised. That counted as at least a partial success that would help him sleep better tonight.

"Thank you, sayyeda, for giving my words some consideration. I hope it'll be enough to avert whatever malice the future my hold for you." She didn't respond to his offer of help, apparently enjoying the Ra'shari company way more than his. Who could blame her? They were exotic wild spirits of the desert, and him - just another pebble of the city rabble. "If your friends here are willing to be by your side, it can hopefully be enough!"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:47 pm

"I..."

She looked at Raya before turning back to Aydi, "You mentioned something about being some sort of investigator, no? If I were to take these fine Ra'Shari up on their offer, is there any chance I could hire you? To be my eyes and ears if nothing else, if I am going to be limited in what I can do and where I can go. Money is no object of course, you understand, if someone or something means me or my father harm..."

Sora twiddled her fingers together pensively; If it was a scam, she didn't seem to think so. Plus she didn't know the Ra'Shari language, so she'd not have heard that part.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:56 pm

One born every minute. Still. I like her.

"The window of opportunity for this... presumed menace is a short one, yes? So it will have likely come and gone by the time we move on, then?"