Keeping in Shape (EM, Rokugani District, Open)

Tarset Kishan

Keeping in Shape (EM, Rokugani District, Open)

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:01 am

The city was large, and in that largeness, there were only a few places a woman like Tarset could go and train in peace. There was always finding a back alley of the Maze, but that came with its own risks and troubles. Her home was far too small and cramped to really train, and her colleges certainly didn't want her using their homes. The best places would have been in the training lodges of the Enforcers and City Guard, but neither were on particularly good terms with her, to say the least.

Though she didn't know Rekugani, the areas outside the more posh estates of the Unicorn were always more like back home than most of the residential district. She also had found nearly a decade ago a small 'dojo' that a few Rokugani used to keep in practice. She'd come to an arrangement back then to use it for a pittance of copper a few times a year, and it'd become somewhat of a habit to use the facility a few times a week. The structure was simple and, though a bit run down, open enough that she felt like it was somewhat of a luxury.

Pausing in her workout, Tarset went to the door of the dojo and leaned against the frame, drinking some water from her gourd and watching the traffic of the street as she wiped the sweat off her.
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Asher

Re: Keeping in Shape (EM, Rokugani District, Open)

Post by Asher » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Asher passes by on the street, eyes scanning the thoroughfare, till it lights on the woman leaning on the wall outside the dojo, he comes to a stop and points at her as he does Jadzia turns to regard the woman. He addresses her in Rokugani.

You there, Unicorn-san, do you know how to use a bow?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Tarset raised an eyebrow. The man certainly didn't have the look of a Rokugani to him, nor did the gorilla. She'd heard their language enough in passing to recognize it, but didn't understand a damn word of it. Perhaps she looked Rokugani? She looked down at herself a moment before looking back up.

"...What?"
Influences 1/1/1

Asher

Post by Asher » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:27 pm

" i am sorry, I...thought I spoke your tongue well, did I mess up the pronunciation? "

He frowns to himself.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Surely he doesn't think...

Tarset smirked a bit. "If you do sayyid, that isn't it. Hate to break it to you, but I'm not Rokugani. Feel like they'd be offended to hear I was mistaken for one."
Influences 1/1/1

Asher

Post by Asher » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:53 pm

He ahs and nods, "I apologize if I offended, so many of these Rokugani look different, they seem to embrace adopting the trappings of other cultures. " He shakes his head " I asked if you were any good at Archery, I understand many of the Unicorn practice it."

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:02 am

Tarset gave a low, sharp laugh, arms folding. "You tell me. From what I can gather, your a learned man of the Dahabi, and I always gathered they taught reading others. Do I look or act like someone practiced in the bow?"
Influences 1/1/1

Asher

Post by Asher » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:26 am

"You have many muscles, and an athletic build, I understand Rokugani bows require many muscles, though the more simple ones do not. It is possible, but if you are senpet instead of rokugani it is much less likely"

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:46 am

"There is actually a great tradition of Senpet bowmen, from what I understand... but it is not one with which I am familiar. I can't imagine most Rokugani would let me use one of their bows either. No, I am no archer." She paused. "This is about the contest that starts tomorrow, yes? Are you asking the same of everyone you meet?"

That last comment brought a wry grin to her lips.
Influences 1/1/1

Asher

Post by Asher » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:37 am

"I am looking to recruit an archer for the contest" He smiles slightly, "Though I admit I am doing so rather last minute"