Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Soraya al-Menjari

Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:28 pm

Even though the sun was raising higher and higher in the sky, and the day was getting more humid, the occasional clouds and spots of misty rain made the day almost bearable outside, even as it got closer to noontime. So it was that Soraya al-Menjari made her way to the one place most people agreed there was the most fun to be had; The Ra'Shari caravan parked outside the city. It had been quite some walk, but Sora didn't mind that; She kept in shape enough really. Normally the heat and humidity would have had her finding shade and a cooling drink, but she was too excited today to care about that.

She arrived in her evocative silks, not looking so out of place amongst the entertainers here really apart from the quality of her jewelry. Her perfume did a decent enough job of masking the scent of just how sweaty she was getting though, as she looked about for something to drink anyways.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Nasim ibn Jalil

Re: Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:23 am

Nasim, meanwhile, was on his way out from the Caravan, busily stuffing something into a fold in his clothing. The man grumbled slightly at the already growing heat, but at least out here there was something like a breeze though. He looked up to see the beautiful woman and figured her for a Dahabi, based on the quality of her clothing. Didn't see them out among the Ra'Shari very often. Realizing he was possibly staring Nasim smiled slightly.

"Salaam aleikum, sayyeda." He offered, placing a hand over his chest in greeting to the woman.
Mekham • Sahir • Secretive • Greedy • Sneaky
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Kindjal, astrolabe, spare change
Languages: Mekhem, Senpet

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 am

Was this a Ra'Shari? He did not look like the others so much, but she was not one to judge.

""Good day to you as well. Do you happen to work here, or at least know where a woman can get something to drink while she is out in the midday hours?"

She forgot to give a bow or curtsy; Something about the situation had her instincts in the mode of talking to a servant or attendant. Still, she had a friendly demeanor and tone that seemed sympathetic to the man's grumbling, as if she thought she was imposing on his time.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Nasim quirked an eyebrow at the question. "Work here? No, sayyeda I do not. I was simply passing through on my own errands. This one is Nasim ibn Jalil, sayyeda." Nasim played the part of servant fairly well. He placed a hand over his heart in greeting and nodded his head to her in deference.

"As to something to drink, I suppose that depends entirely upon what sayyeda wishes to partake in, you are in the Caravan of Entertainment after all and there are many drinks to choose from."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm

"There are? Oh, that is wonderful! I wish to cool down, and feel less thirsty, for I am sweating more than normal. Something that is good for the health like that, like cucumber water or such?"

Okay, so he did not work here, but maybe he knew his way around? After all, he seemed well informed about the names and offerings and such at base.
Influence:

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 pm

"Merciful gods" Rufus wiped the sweat from his brow. He could feel the sweat sticking to the back of his toga. "I had thought I knew summer heat from the Grekoi summers, but this?"

He had heard that there would be entertainment here later in the night, and a trip outside seemed fun after being wired by that "coffee". He had been unprepared for how stifling it could I be.

" May I stay and rest awhile. I could use a break, if your hospitality is open. " Rufus stopped as he noticed the woman, dressed in rich clothes, the sight reminding him of how sweaty and..."out of place" he was.
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:14 pm

"Cucumber... water?" Nasim stared at the woman blankly for a moment. "Well I'm not certain the Ra'shari have such a, err, delicacy, but I suppose we can find out."

Which was when another appeared. Did no one realize that it was hot in the midafternoon and not prepare properly for it? Well at least this one looked to be a foreigner and that was at least a little excuse.

"Well, I certainly can't stop you sidi. You are outside the city walls and no one owns the sand." He smiled slightly at his own joke.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:19 pm

"My thanks." Rufus pulls out his waterskin and takes a greedy glug, and then after realizing himself takes a daintier sip. "I just tried that "coffee" concoction. I didn't realize how much it piques your thirst under a full sun"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Sora was certainly plenty sweaty herself... almost as much as she was excited to see someone out of place!

"Oh, hello! I am sure if you wish to rest, there is some shade to sit in and such in the caravans, friend. This gentleman and myself were just about to seek some refreshments and hospitality, in fact. Something to cool off and calm down after longs walks or hot coffee, perhaps."

Perhaps Nasim had not said so explicitly, but that's what it had seemed like to her.
Influence:

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Rufus does a bit of a double take, him currently fanning out his tunic to get the sweat to dry, and someone of "well to do" status inviting him to a meal.

"If you are inviting me to a midday meal, I don't think that I could possibly pass up such an invitation milday." He looked back over to the other man, who Rufus suspected would be slightly less happy with the intrusion.