Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm

Soraya nods to the practitioner of the tent and takes the coconut half gently as she listens to Rufus. The husk of the thing tickles her hand a little bit, but she doesn't really mind too much, taking a sip and enjoying the cooling liquid.

As Rufus wraps up and pulls out the olives, Sora beams, "Ah! My family has an olive tree in our garden! They do not look like that, but they are nice and tart, especially when pickled."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 pm

"Oh really?" Rufus tilts his head to the side. "I suppose it makes sense that there would be a variety here. They don't need much water, so the climate seems right for it." He tosses an olive into his mouth and chews.

"What about the beautiful lady then?' What stories do you have to share for a lonely traveler?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:19 am

"I've heard that your people do not get along well with your sea. I imagine that is something our people share in common, given that the people of Medinaat al-Salaam are quite landlocked. I have heard from some merchants that looking out at the sea is similar to looking out at the desert, a vast expanse of nothing, though I suppose there would be a difference in color." Nasim opined.
Mekham • Sahir • Secretive • Greedy • Sneaky
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Kindjal, astrolabe, spare change
Languages: Mekhem, Senpet

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:59 am

Sora looks between the two, drinking some more coconut milk thoughtfully.

"I suppose I might have some stories of my own, but... Speaking of the sea, have either of you ever seen something like that in person? I mean, like a sea or ocean or great lake. Water more than a simple river or oasis or pond? I've heard much about such things in books, but often the description of something does not truly do it justice compared to actually seeing it in person."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:26 am

Rufus lets out a sigh. "Oh, I've seen it. My people were, as you say, landlocked as well. As I mentioned in the legend, the Sea and Yodotai do not mix well. It's beautiful. It's vast, like a unending desert of water. Where a pond would have lapping on the banks, you can hear a roar as the water smacks against the sands. It's a soothing sound. But when storms hit..." He shakes his head. "I believe there is good reason to be frightened"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 6:10 am

"Still, I would like to see the sea one day... It sounds too exciting not to want to. Not to mention getting to see your people's lands one day, Mister Rufus."

The coconut milk was finished, and it had been more than what Soraya could have hoped; It was most refreshing and cooling indeed, even if it hadn't done all the work of making her less sweaty.
Influence: