Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Nasim ibn Jalil

Re: Day 1, Early Afternoon, Caravan of Entertainment (Desert) - Hot Stuff

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:48 pm

Nasim seemed slightly confused at the notion of having your first sip of coffee at this age and shook his head slightly in bewilderment. "Quite good, isn't it? Nothing better to get you going." He grinned at the man. "I am Nasim ibn Jalil." He offered his name to the man before looking back to the woman.

"I suppose we should find something to partake in." Nasim was about to turn around when the other man spoke, he quirked an eyebrow at the slight shift to a midday meal, but certainly wasn't about to object. He glanced back at the Dahabi woman to see what she had to say, after all he wasn't about to say no to a Dahabi paying for a meal.
Mekham • Sahir • Secretive • Greedy • Sneaky
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Kindjal, astrolabe, spare change
Languages: Mekhem, Senpet

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 pm

"Yes yes, something to go with the drink would not be amiss, certainly. We can sit in the shade and drink and eat and take a break, and you two can tell me stories all about where you come from, no?"

Her eyes sparkled with excitement.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:47 pm

"Stories?" It seemed a bit too good to be true, but the look in the woman's eyes appeared to be genuine. "You want to hear where I come from?" Rufus blinks. "Well, if you wish to know, I would be happy to"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:32 pm

"Of course I do! You come all this way to our wonderful city, who would not want to reward that with a nice drink and an attentive ear? Now, let us see..."

Turning from the two, Soraya looked around for what a drink stand might look like around here.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Nasim grinned at the idea of storytelling. Like all natives of the city he loved stories, even if he was not very good at telling them. "I know of a place, small, cozy, light food. Should be perfect for our needs." He turned and started walking towards one of the tents on the outskirts of the caravan.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:57 pm

"Well, lead the way then Amici." Rufus cinches back up his waterskin and gestures for the msn to lead them. In spite of that, he still is unable to keep sneaking a glance at the beauty who had invited them.

So far out of my reach. But it's still nice to look
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:55 pm

Going towards the tent that had been indicated Soraya walked with a spring in her step, excited by what she had already found. Sure, it wasn't the sort of thing she'd been expecting, but it would certainly do!

It was only a short walk to the colorful tent and it was certainly much more cool and shady as she went into the open flap.
Influence:

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 am

Nasim pushed open one of the tent flaps and slid inside like an old pro. "Stefan! I've brought you some customers, parched and hungry." Nasim shouted to the man who ran this pseudo-establishment. He glanced back at the other two. "Few better in the Caravan of Entertainment than Stefan to parch your thirst, and as long as we're telling stories he won't kick us out."

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:01 am

"Nasim! You snake! This does not make up for what you owe from the last game of bones you scoundrel!"

The volume of the voice, nor the speed with which he moves around the tent, belie the apparent age of the man that is revealed as the group enters. Were one to guess one would place him in his seventh decade... if they were being generous.

Yet he yells and moves as one much younger by far as he scurries up to them. A, hopefully friendly, scowl at Nasim shifts into a toothy smile towards the rest surprisingly white given age against his sun-darkened skin. He gestures to a pile of pillows, "I hope you bring the coin this fiend never seems to have on him. Sit, sit. What would your pleasure be?"
GM • City of Stories

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:07 am

"Stefan, you wound me! You know full well my dreadfully ill mother needs doctors and they eat up all my coin." An old lie, easily told as it was easily seen through. Nasim did skillfully avoid the question of the last game of bones though as he maneuvered to the pillows.