[LM] Working Man (Light and Shadow Luxuries - OPEN)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: [LM] Working Man (Light and Shadow Luxuries - OPEN)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:54 pm

A mischievous smile returned to his lips "Well I could think of many, exciting, opportunities for you princess." His words very measured with their emphasis "but I suppose it comes down to what experiences you crave Soraya. Is there anything you've always been curious about? Anything you know you wish to experience?"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm

That got her thoughtful again, a sip on her tea.

"Um... I am unsure, I suppose. I mean, I would love to see the inside of the palace, for instance, but I'm sure many would. Otherwise, I'd really just thought of seeing new sights and meeting new people, without any real specifics. To get to know things, be a part of the world more. I suppose it is kind of like what I was looking for when I came in here; Excitement, novelty, something new."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:50 pm

Qasim nodded his eyes never leaving her for too long "excitement and novelty, these things are in hearty supply here in the Jewel. I would love for a chance to show you all the things our fine city has to offer. Perhaps one night I could take you out?" His fingers brushed hers again "there is much you have yet to experience."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:04 pm

"At night?"

She did not seem to mind his fingers. Or at the very least, object to them.

"I am unsure how much I would be allowed to be out and about the city at night..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 am

Qasim chuckled a little "come now princess, where is your sense of adventure? Surely you won't let your father keep you from new experiences. You're a woman grown! Shouldn't you be the one to decide what you can and can't do?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 5:20 am

"...perhaps. I am sure you can already decide yourself how grown I am or not. But my reality is that I still live with my father and am dependent on him and his home. I suppose I could get a job to make it on my own, but I would not even know where to begin there. As to the family business, House Menjari business, he hasn't exactly been chomping at the bit to get me involved in it. I have some training in such things, but mostly in courtly manners and other 'womanly arts', as he calls them."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 5:29 am

"You said yourself you were eighteen, that means you're most certainly grown. You have promise, intelligence and curiosity along with a noble birth. You can do great things but I'd say you have to stop allowing others to tell you when you can start doing them."

He cleared his throat lightly "but I am merely an outside observer, you are right I do not know you very well ." He grab her hand gently holding it in his own "but I do know I would like to change that. If you will let me."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 5:37 am

She gave a small nod, "...I did say I would be open and honest with you, and at least part of that is because I certainly do not mind your desire to get to know me better. Even if other parts of it are merely selfish."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 5:58 am

He gently squeezed her hand "and what parts of wanting someone to know you could be selfish?" He asked with a little mirth I'm his voice

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 6:08 am

A chuckle, "Oh, the parts where you could help me get interesting things. I would even accept such things as gifts, you know..."

She trailed off with a soft shy smile, but her voice had a little bit of cheeky mischievousness about it.
Influence: