[LM] Working Man (Light and Shadow Luxuries - OPEN)

Qasim al-Basiri

[LM] Working Man (Light and Shadow Luxuries - OPEN)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Qasim had already risen and readied the shop for opening, he directed people to and fro and oversaw associates talking to customers all of his employees dressed in fine pure white Thawbs and he himself dressed in a sleek silk one with golden trim.

He was currently discussing the sale of a piece of art with a customer, one Qasim made with his own hands, and was discussing a price with the man "I understand I may be a bit biased here but this is an incredible piece that would really tie your room together. Trust me I have a good eye friend." All in all things so far seemed business as usual.

---------------
D1 session 1 earnings Commerce int roll 2 raises tn 15 school tech +2k0 blessing +1k1: 9d10o10k4 42 gain 180 pool from Gentry 6

D1 session 1Artisan:Painting/awa 2 raise tn 15: 5d10o10k4 18 gain 30 pool
Last edited by Qasim al-Basiri on Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [LM] Working Man (Light and Shadow Luxuries - OPEN)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 pm

The first thing Soraya did once it was clear she wouldn't have a gaggle of guards with her today was go exploring. Not that she was about to dive straight into the desert outside the walls or such, but surely her father wouldn't have anything to complain about if she just explored some of the Merchant Quarter for a bit... So it was that she found herself in the Light & Shadow, some place she had been assured by passersby was very exclusive and well maintained. While that wasn't very adventurous, it did mean she would be safe and there would be no complaints on her being there, no?

The young woman walked in in her scant silks, her scarf/veil draped over her head in what she assumed was a worthwhile attempt to be less conspicuous.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:31 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 pm
The first thing Soraya did once it was clear she wouldn't have a gaggle of guards with her today was go exploring. Not that she was about to dive straight into the desert outside the walls or such, but surely her father wouldn't have anything to complain about if she just explored some of the Merchant Quarter for a bit... So it was that she found herself in the Light & Shadow, some place she had been assured by passersby was very exclusive and well maintained. While that wasn't very adventurous, it did mean she would be safe and there would be no complaints on her being there, no?

The young woman walked in in her scant silks, her scarf/veil draped over her head in what she assumed was a worthwhile attempt to be less conspicuous.
After wrapping up a successful sale Qasim looks up and sees the silken wreathed beauty enter. A smile slowly comes to his lips not only for appreciation of her beauty but more importantly her coin

His smile opens and widens as he approaches the new customer "Hello madame I can see you are a woman of extremely discerning taste, why else would you enter such a premier establishment? Tell me what it is you desire?"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 pm

This man who spoke to her... he seemed almost recognizable. Sora didn't respond for a moment, instead stopping where she was and looking him over with fingers to her chin, "...no, no a bodyguard. Do not look the sort. Maybe one of father's friends?"

The young woman talked to herself quietly as she kept staring at him; It was obvious it wasn't a stare of contempt or anything like that, more a curious dumbfoundedness.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:50 pm

If her strange manner unsettled or worried him Qasim didn't show it, his voice and face were friendly as he continued "Nobody has ever even thought I might be a body guard, you flatter me miss." Said with a light chuckle "As for your father, if he is a person of taste and refinement as his daughter appears to be there is a fair chance I have met with him before."

He shook his head lightly "My apologies I must have forgotten myself, this one is Qasim al-Basiri the proprietor of this fine store." He said with a small bow.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:08 pm

Soraya listened politely before her eyes widened a little, "Ah, one of House Basiri, of course."

A smile spread on red lips and the young woman gave a sort of a curtsy, "I am Soraya al-Menjari, daughter of Rashid al-Menjari, keeper of the records and aide to the head of House Menjari. No wonder this place is so nice though!"

She seemed to take it all in finally, doing a little turn in the middle of the shop with a look of wonder about her face, "I had thought a place like this would be run by servants, yet here you are."

Sora stopped her turn to face Qasim, the smile having turned into a little grin on her lips.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:30 am

His eyes widened slightly and he bowed again slightly deeper this time "oh Aanisah, you honor this one with your presence and your praise." He straightened himself with smile matching her own "I cannot entrust this place to any simple servant, this is not a market stall selling curiosities or something pedestrian that can be found every corner. Here you will find only the finest quality goods in the Jewel, and even many delicacies and fineries from across sand and sea."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:44 am

"So what the rumors said are true? That this shop sells things that cannot be found anywhere else in the District?"

Having piqued the woman's interest in the shop itself again, Qasim would find her turning back away to give a more serious look the her brief searching before. Truthfully she did not know what she was looking for, but she was sure she would know it when she saw it.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:20 am

"If it is in the Jewel you can find it here, if you can't find it here I will find it for you." he said confidently motioning to the store behind him. There were shelves and cabinets full of various things all the sections clearly labeled, drinks, jewelry, teas, coffee beans, clothing, art, and more filled the shop proper which was a rather large and spacious room. there were also beaded curtains separating the main from smaller rooms in the distance.

"Is it an object of beauty you desire? or perhaps exotic drink or the finest clothing in the fashions of the world? What dream can I make come true for you today beautiful one?" he asked with a smile that was a bit alluring, bordering on suggestive

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:24 pm

"Truthfully, I do not know. If I knew what it was I wanted, I would simply ask for it."

She looked back at him, none of the shelves in particular having caught her eye; It wasn't that nothing had been interesting though. There were certainly things she'd never seen before, just nothing that stood out as special or must have. Merely things she might want to try or ask about some time.
Influence: