Walking The Beat (LE, River)

Ali ibn Farid

Re: Walking The Beat (LE, River)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 pm

"Please. Join us, so long as you don't mind walking. A friend of Ayash's is a friend of mine." Ali said with a smile and a firm nod.

Beginning to walk again, he threw a quick nod to the new man. "Ali ibn Farid. At your service, friend."
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:34 pm

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 pm
"Please. Join us, so long as you don't mind walking. A friend of Ayash's is a friend of mine." Ali said with a smile and a firm nod.

Beginning to walk again, he threw a quick nod to the new man. "Ali ibn Farid. At your service, friend."
"Don't mind at all", he says, nodding. "Faruq Al-Farhan", the man says, extending his hands. "Just don't let me get in the way of your duties, of course".

He looks around himself. This wasn't a particularly dangerous area, but one way or another...

"And let's hope the night keeps as peaceful as it has so far, right?", he says with a weak smile.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:56 pm

Ali chuckled. "Well. For your sake, I'll hope so, anyway."

He set a slow pace, walking leisurely, although he continued to glance around, eyes alert, from time to time. "It's a wonder we haven't crossed paths before. Although the city's large enough that I suppose it's a wonder when any two people meet."

A few moments passed, as he glanced about again. "Where do you live, friend? I'm at the edge of the Maze, myself. Climb up to look out on it, sometimes. It's a wonder, if a strange one."
Description

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:08 am

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:56 pm
Ali chuckled. "Well. For your sake, I'll hope so, anyway."

He set a slow pace, walking leisurely, although he continued to glance around, eyes alert, from time to time. "It's a wonder we haven't crossed paths before. Although the city's large enough that I suppose it's a wonder when any two people meet."

A few moments passed, as he glanced about again. "Where do you live, friend? I'm at the edge of the Maze, myself. Climb up to look out on it, sometimes. It's a wonder, if a strange one."
Faruq's mouth change to a weak smile at the guard's comment - although his expression seemed to show if trouble did flare up it wouldn't have been the first time he would have to get out of it.

The man's next words, however, made him look at Ali somewhat surprised.

"Oh. Well, the city is quite large indeed, but... 'edge of the Maze' wouldn't be a bad description of where I currently call home, in fact. My hovel is technically in the Mekham district, but not by much. Is your home also close to that part of the Maze, I wonder?"

He then takes a deep breath. "The Maze, it is.... something, yes. I sometimes wonder how it came to be like that - but I guess it's just people doing their best to find themselves a place and a way to survive, after all. I... believe you've been through it often enough to understand what I mean, 'alays kdhlk?..."
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:08 am
"Oh. Well, the city is quite large indeed, but... 'edge of the Maze' wouldn't be a bad description of where I currently call home, in fact. My hovel is technically in the Mekham district, but not by much. Is your home also close to that part of the Maze, I wonder?"

He then takes a deep breath. "The Maze, it is.... something, yes. I sometimes wonder how it came to be like that - but I guess it's just people doing their best to find themselves a place and a way to survive, after all. I... believe you've been through it often enough to understand what I mean, 'alays kdhlk?..."
Ali paused, looking at Faruq with raised eyebrows. "It is, in fact. My parents live in the Mekham district, and I wanted to live close to them. Well." He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "That's quite the coincidence, isn't it? Makes one wonder what brings us together today of all days." Ali was a strong believer in destiny.

He grunted, giving Faruq a nod. "My friend, it seems to me that you and I see eye to eye on any number of things. This is a fortunate meeting indeed." He nodded to Arash. "I suppose it's not a surprise that two people who are friends with the same third might have similarities. Nevertheless..." He nodded back to Arash. "Perhaps you and I should talk sometime. There's much to be said about the city, and those who are just trying to do a little bit better for themselves."
Description

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:18 pm

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:05 pm
Ali paused, looking at Faruq with raised eyebrows. "It is, in fact. My parents live in the Mekham district, and I wanted to live close to them. Well." He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "That's quite the coincidence, isn't it? Makes one wonder what brings us together today of all days." Ali was a strong believer in destiny.

He grunted, giving Faruq a nod. "My friend, it seems to me that you and I see eye to eye on any number of things. This is a fortunate meeting indeed." He nodded to Arash. "I suppose it's not a surprise that two people who are friends with the same third might have similarities. Nevertheless..." He nodded back to Arash. "Perhaps you and I should talk sometime. There's much to be said about the city, and those who are just trying to do a little bit better for themselves."
Faruq's eyebrows are equally raised. "It is a fortuitous coincidence indeed! I do hope will find other opportunities to talk, about the city... and maybe how it could be better."

His lips curl into a gentle smile, not directed at anyone in particular, although his eyes still hold a somewhat serious expression. He then nods at Arash, then looks at the man again.

"If it does agree with your schedule, I often take water, food or medical treatment - or all of those, when possible - to those in the poorest parts of the city, as Arash and I did this afternoon in the Maze. I'm sure the people will be glad for another pair of helping hands - and maybe we can find some time to talk while doing it."

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:13 pm

Ali nodded. "I think I might like that, friend Faruq. I think I might like that very much indeed. Both the activity itself, and the conversation that went with it."

He grimaced. "It's unfortunate that this city isn't the sort of place where one can speak openly about such things. But it is what it is." There was a bit of a frustrated energy to Ali's stride as he walked along.
Description

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:43 pm

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:13 pm
Ali nodded. "I think I might like that, friend Faruq. I think I might like that very much indeed. Both the activity itself, and the conversation that went with it."

He grimaced. "It's unfortunate that this city isn't the sort of place where one can speak openly about such things. But it is what it is." There was a bit of a frustrated energy to Ali's stride as he walked along.
Faruq's expression was suddenly very serious, and Ali and Arash may notice that he - apparently distractedly - looks over his shoulders after Ali's last words.

He is silent for what feels like a long time, but then finally looks at Ali and nods.

"It is... but that's the beauty of the future isn't it? Today and tomorrow must not necessarily be the same", he says with a weak smile over serious eyes again.

"I will be happy to join you one morning or afternoon then, rafiq Ali. In the Maze, the poorest parts of the Mekham area... or the Khesir quarter, even. I suppose we can probably see each other in the events to arrange it? Or... if you ask around between the Maze and the Mekham district, you may find a way to reach me. I'm often offering medical services close to home as well."

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 01, 2021 12:44 am

Ali laughed, short but with good humor. "I see you are an optimist, my friend. Well..." After a moment of consideration, Ali shrugged. "I may not quite call myself an optimist, but I'm far from a pessimist. I dare to hope, especially if there are good folk willing to do good deeds."

He cleared his throat. "But yes. Please call upon me. There is a square with a dry fountain, not far from where I live. I pass by there every morning. Look for me there, if you would find me." Another nod. "And likewise, if I have want or need to call upon you, I shall. Thank you." Ali's smile was best described as resolute; optimistic even in the face of reason to be otherwise.
Description

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sun May 02, 2021 3:25 am

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:44 am
Ali laughed, short but with good humor. "I see you are an optimist, my friend. Well..." After a moment of consideration, Ali shrugged. "I may not quite call myself an optimist, but I'm far from a pessimist. I dare to hope, especially if there are good folk willing to do good deeds."

He cleared his throat. "But yes. Please call upon me. There is a square with a dry fountain, not far from where I live. I pass by there every morning. Look for me there, if you would find me." Another nod. "And likewise, if I have want or need to call upon you, I shall. Thank you." Ali's smile was best described as resolute; optimistic even in the face of reason to be otherwise.
"Well.... optimist may be a bit much", he said with a serious tone that contrasted with the light expression on his eyes. "Just... I too dare to hope that things may be... different. Perhaps not in our time. But one day. If more do what we can to make things better"

He then nods. "I will remember, rafiq. I look forward to meeting you again - to talk or to act however we can."