Walking The Beat (LE, River)

Ali ibn Farid

Walking The Beat (LE, River)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:03 pm

(expecting but open)

In Ali's experience, the best places to patrol weren't the poorest, where people were generally just trying to survive, and the sight of arms and armor would cause most criminals to find easier targets. Nor was it the wealthy districts, where most criminals were too out of place. It was in those spots where they mixed, where the desperate intermingled with those who positively gleamed with wealthy, their ostentatious displays impressing some, daring others.

And so, it was in one of those places that Ali walked with his companion, armed and armored. He rattled as he did so, just a little; even his quiet walk could only do so much when wearing this much steel. Alert eyes looked this way and that as they moved down the street, well-paved, but in just enough disarray to give it a seedy edge.
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Arash Karuvah

Re: Walking The Beat (LE, River)

Post by Arash Karuvah » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:07 pm

Arash walked alongside him, his own attire was armor and sword. He followed his companion's path, allowing him to lead the way. "Quiet day so far." He glanced around in his immediate surroundings. "Haven't seen any pickpockets, and only one fight among the sellers. What do you think?"
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 pm

"I think that's a pretty good day." Ali chuckled dryly. "Unless it means the pickpockets are getting better. But no, I think it's just a quiet night."

The smile turned to a thoughtful frown. "I wonder if we should have picked somewhere else. Someplace with a little more action." Ali grimaced. "But then it's like trying to stop a river with a twig. All you can do is scatter a few drops."
Description

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:13 pm

(Investigation/Perception (Notice) for the patrol)
GM • City of Stories

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 pm

Ali kept his gaze sweeping about as they talked.

D1LE, Patrol Inv/Per per GM: 5d10o10k3 20
Description

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:05 am

A young man in simple clothes with a chequered keffiyeh on his head walked slowly along the river bank, his eyes on the ground, even though he seemed as if he was looking through it, to some place deep underground.

Either that, or, more likely, he was just distracted...
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:11 am

The patrol was smooth and uneventful. A few loiterers who perhaps had ill intent relocated quickly at the sight of the two guards and otherwise the evening seemed quiet as a brief rain shower dampened the dusty earth.
GM • City of Stories

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 pm
"I think that's a pretty good day." Ali chuckled dryly. "Unless it means the pickpockets are getting better. But no, I think it's just a quiet night."

The smile turned to a thoughtful frown. "I wonder if we should have picked somewhere else. Someplace with a little more action." Ali grimaced. "But then it's like trying to stop a river with a twig. All you can do is scatter a few drops."
"Probably not better. I think we discouraged enough to stop practicing." He glanced around. "Maybe...but we need to show presence here. If we don't, they might start getting too confident, or desperate." He didn't say the other part out loud. Consequences here were more severe for those that get caught.
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:21 pm

Ali gave a curious glance and a nod to the wandering young man.

"I suppose." He shrugged. "It just never feels like enough. There's always more to do..." He sighed. "And, of course, we can't solve poverty by patrolling. If only, eh?"
Description

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 am

Ali ibn Farid wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:21 pm
Ali gave a curious glance and a nod to the wandering young man.

"I suppose." He shrugged. "It just never feels like enough. There's always more to do..." He sighed. "And, of course, we can't solve poverty by patrolling. If only, eh?"
The Mekham suddenly wakes up from whatever musing he was lost in, raising his head when he heard the voices nearby and noticing the man nodding to him. He nods back, with a faint smile, then notices Arash walking by him and greets him with a wave, slowly walking closer.

"Masa' alkhayr, rafiq Arash", he says, nodding again as he comes closer. "And a pleasure to meet you, Sayyid. I'm Faruq", he says, extending his hands in greeting. "I hope I'm not disturbing much?"
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.