How Bazaar! (EE, Thoroughfare)

Ali ibn Farid

How Bazaar! (EE, Thoroughfare)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:50 pm

(Eggspecting, open)

While the archery contest was not open to everyone, there was still an air of festivities throughout the city. In some places, that just meant lights and people in the streets. In the Thoroughfare, that meant lights, people in the streets, and even more merchants trying to sell even more things.

Eyes bright, Ali made his way as best as he could through the crowd, turning and twisting agilely. He knew the city, but sometimes it surprised him. There were riches and poverty, and much more of the latter... but there was also joy. He found himself smiling as he heard laughter, saw a child waving a brightly decorated doll.

He paused at a crossroad, a brief moment of peace. One way was baubles and souvenirs... the other way he could smell food. Which way to go?
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: How Bazaar! (EE, Thoroughfare)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Having spent some of the morning exploring the bazaar, returning now that it was late enough to start cooling off again. Truthfully, the likelihood of her buying anything was small; She'd long ago known that if she wanted something, she usually just had to ask daddy for it, and it was obtained. Still, there WAS the possibility that there were things she didn't know about, no?

So it was that she walked through the thoroughfare between the stalls, looking around and being hella conspicuous in her fine silks, expensive jewelry, and bare midriff; While it was true this was a more well off neighborhood, she did not truly realize how much a Dahabi princess stood out even amongst such finery.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:27 pm

Ali was a bit preoccupied, but, well, she was hella conspicuous, after all. Not like him, who blended in with his plain linens, clean and well-cared for, but nothing more than that.

He turned, lips curling up into a smile, watching as the crowd parted before her like a wave... and then quickly filled in after, eyes following her. Some on her silks or jewelry, some on her midriff; Ali took a deep breath, elevating his gaze a bit. Everyone seemed to watch her, and the merchants called a bit louder, but it seemed that no one really wanted to talk to her...

Smiling, Ali stepped forward. "Good evening, miss." He bowed, his right hand gesturing a respectful greeting. "Pleasant night for a festival, eh?"
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:34 pm

The woman stopped and stopped looking about as someone spoke to her more directly, as opposed to the normal vendors hawking their wares. She seemed taken aback a moment in surprise but stopped where she was before smiling, ruby red lips curling up, "Pleasant indeed, as long as you don't mind a little bit of rain on occasion. Not even enough to get my shoes muddy, the perfect amount if you ask me. You're... not selling things by the looks of things?"

She stood on her tiptoes as she glanced around him, as though there would be a hidden cart or stall there in the middle of the street.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Ali's smile grew a little in response. He spread his arms, revealing his complete lack of marketable goods. Well, his knife looked okay, anyway. "I am not, in fact.. Nor buying, actually. I'm just enjoying the festivities."

His eyebrows went up. "Would you like to enjoy them together? I'm not going to claim that it's festival tradition to walk with a partner..." he pursed his lips, still smiling, "-but I'd wager it's more fun that way."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 pm

"Does one normally wander the stalls to be festive? I had thought to see if there was anything particularly interesting on sale that I'd not heard of before. But... if you know of festivities taking place, I would love to go."

The smile returned, "And I hope you will keep me informed of any festival traditions then, since you seem to know them."
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:54 pm

The smile grew playful, just for a moment. "I certainly shall, miss."

He tilted his head up. "But there is a festival, in fact. And festivities. It's in celebration of an archery tournament that's taking place... well, beginning tomorrow, in fact. A great many people are competing. I intend to be one."

He inclined his head. "So come, let's see what we can find... oh. Allow me to introduce myself. Ali ibn Farid, at your service." Another bow and gesture.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:13 pm

The name struck nothing particularly familiar nor exotic for her as Sora gave a little curtsy back, "And I am Soraya al-Menjari. I shall place myself in your care, even if my father hired someone on my behalf to compete against you in that very tournament. A woman of the Moto he said, how exciting for you to compete against, no?"

She did seem genuinely excited about the prospect, eyes sparkling.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:14 am

Whereas if Ali didn't recognize her given name, his eyes went up at her family name. "Did he, now? A Moto." Ali let out a puff of air. "Well, there goes my odds for the horseback portion."

He started to lead the way down the street, their way lit by lanterns. "Truthfully, I don't think my chances are that good. But, well, I could get lucky." He flashed Soraya a quick smile. "And it's always worth taking a chance, eh? See if I can give that Moto a run for her money."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:56 am

She tilted her head curiously at what he said and the little exhalation, but followed in a spritely manner once he started walking, "I do not see why you should not be able to; Not all of it is from horseback. Though I am sure my father has a good eye for a quality warrior... Either way, it will be exciting and fun, no? I would compete, but I don't know the first thing about weapons really. Not even bows or a simple knife. Father always said nothing protects like a good but fearsome reputation... and occasionally some guards; People who can look out for you without you needing to be alert all the time~"

Soraya walked along just to the side and behind the man, hands behind her back casually.
Influence: