The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 am

Qasim nodded "The Jewel has plenty enough danger and opportunity within the walls should you wish to remain here." He said chuckling and showing less restraint than her as he took another drink.

At her question he laughed a bit "If you ever see me holding a notched bow knock me out because I'm more a danger to myself and any bystanders than my target. No I've found a rather skilled caravan guard to represent my business in the tournament tomorrow so I will indeed be watching to track her progress."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:53 am

It made sense. Tarset just nodded. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I'm certain you aren't the only merchant of means that will be sponsoring someone at the tournament. Have you heard what the prize will be yet even? I suppose there's something to be said for prestige alone, though prestige doesn't pay the landlord."
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:17 am

Qasim smirked "knowing the Khadi sponsoring the tournament some money will likely be thrown around, how much is hard to say. But rumor has it that she is offering a boon to the winner or the winner's patron should they be a sponsored contestant. A favor of a person of her standing is a prize indeed."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:43 am

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:33 pm
"There's always plenty of trouble about, no need to borrow it." Rufus quotes an old saying and then shrugs. "Well, I don't know if that's quite true. You seem like trouble, but I'm more than happy to borrow you for a while" Rufus pulls the Ra'Shari woman closer.
"Oh, I am absolutely trouble. If you care to see just how much..."

She sort of steered them toward the periphery- and toward one of the caravan wagons.
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:42 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:17 am
Qasim smirked "knowing the Khadi sponsoring the tournament some money will likely be thrown around, how much is hard to say. But rumor has it that she is offering a boon to the winner or the winner's patron should they be a sponsored contestant. A favor of a person of her standing is a prize indeed."
The Senpet gave a small shrug. "True, though from all I've learned in life, no favor from someone like that comes without strings attached. All the more reason not to enter myself, let alone sponsor anyone. Still, I imagine you've had more experience navigating that sort of... trouble."
Influences 1/1/1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:35 am

"Oh indeed, on the surface the strings involved would be entertaining her but depending on the situation there is more opportunity for both danger but also gain. If the boon is predetermined then there is less chance to be taken advantage of if one gets to ask for a favor well then that is a more dangerous game." the words were serious but the smile on lips suggested it was a favored past time of the merchant.

"it comes with its dangers but if one plays their hand right it would be a life changing opportunity."

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:04 am

Raya had subtly and quietly disengaged herself from Kezia and Rufus' conversation in such as way that neither noticed it seemed. Not that she expected them to with how interested they were in each other.

Good job girl! I want to hear everything later!

With a skip in her step she moved around the campfires, singing a happy sounding song in her native Ra'Shari language.

D1 EE singing: 5d10o10k4 22

(ooc - free for interaction)
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:14 am

Kezia wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:43 am

"Oh, I am absolutely trouble. If you care to see just how much..."

She sort of steered them toward the periphery- and toward one of the caravan wagons.
"Oh, I do. Very much so." Rufus tries to now show how pleased he is as he follows her along to the relative seclusion of the wagons, squeezing her hand gently.
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 am

Nasim ibn Jalil wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:54 pm
Nasim nodded at that. "I shall be sure to remember your name Al-Haddar, if you promise to remember mine. I am a man who can be counted on to provide items for those who wish to see them sold." It perhaps wasn't the most elegant way to say he was a thief for hire, but it was worth seeing how Al-Haddar would react to that.
"Take care my friends. I am a native of the Maze, so I know a lot of people in your business. Some could even be called family. And that's a business that can turn sour very quickly. Don't play with fire so much that you leave behind a mourning kid, spouse or parent would you?

As for myself I tend to try to keep at least one extra degree of separation between the original source and myself, though I can make exceptions for particularly important transactions."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:35 am
"Oh indeed, on the surface the strings involved would be entertaining her but depending on the situation there is more opportunity for both danger but also gain. If the boon is predetermined then there is less chance to be taken advantage of if one gets to ask for a favor well then that is a more dangerous game." the words were serious but the smile on lips suggested it was a favored past time of the merchant.

"it comes with its dangers but if one plays their hand right it would be a life changing opportunity."
Tarxet held up both hands in mock defeat at that. "I was right, you've clearly had far more experience with such matters. That all sounds more dangerous than any street brawl to me to be honest. At least there I know what I'm getting into. Still, I wish you only the best with it. I hope the woman you hired is worth the money. Life changing is a high goal."

She glanced over at the singing, noting there was now one where there had been three. She gave a brief prayer for a fool to be made that night before idly watching the dancing, though she kept her body language facing Qasim still.
Influences 1/1/1