The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Tarset Kishan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 am
"Self taught? Does that mean you just hired your own language tutors? Or, did you read and learn on your own? I suppose I've never been much for learning, so it's strange to think about." She handed over her beer skin as she spoke, not one to turn down an honest offer.
Drink flowed freely in the Ra'Shari entertainment caravan, so Qasim didn't have to go far to refill their drinks and return handing over the container "Oh well mostly through books and travel. There are rudimentary tomes that teach the art of translation and tutors help set a baseline but most of the work I did myself."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:49 pm

Taking the skin back with a grunt of thanks, Tarset nodded slowly. "Well regardless, it's impressive I think. I suppose traveling helps, but it still takes work and dedication to learn something new like that."
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:57 pm

"Indeed it does, thank you." He accepted the praise with a nod "you do not seem a stranger to hard work yourself." He said with a glance to her body "the dedication it must take to build such an impressive physique is something strange to me. Our gifts seem to compliment each other well." He said smiling
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Sat May 01, 2021 6:36 am

She gave a small nod. "I suppose it's always easier to see the effort others give before your own. I sort of take it for granted that I train and workout every day, since it's just a part of my routine. Always thought of the work I do as work that's hard rather than hard working, if you catch me. Getting into fights is a lot less profitable than buying and selling too."
Influences 1/1/1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 9:01 pm

"More profitable yes but not nearly as exciting, at least in the day today sense. Sure expeditions and caravaning can be fun or at least interesting at times but the day to day on running a business is rather dull mostly looking over scrolls and counting money making calculations of profit and how much of that will go into buying new stock." He chuckled "We all have our struggles in life I guess."

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Sat May 01, 2021 9:22 pm

"Indeed," she noted with a nod before standing and stretching. "It has been a fine conversation sidi, but before it gets too dark and chilly, I should head back to the city. I will see you at the tournament start tomorrow, yes?"
Influences 1/1/1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 10:49 pm

Qasim nodded "Indeed the night is upon us proper." He said draining his drink "as for tomorrow I will be there to present my champion properly maybe give a rousing speech or some other nonsense. I look forward to seeing you there." He said with a smile