The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Kezia

Re: The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Post by Kezia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:14 am
"Oh, I do. Very much so." Rufus tries to now show how pleased he is as he follows her along to the relative seclusion of the wagons, squeezing her hand gently.
[Aaaaaaaand fade to black for these two, methinks...]
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 am
"Take care my friends. I am a native of the Maze, so I know a lot of people in your business. Some could even be called family. And that's a business that can turn sour very quickly. Don't play with fire so much that you leave behind a mourning kid, spouse or parent would you?

As for myself I tend to try to keep at least one extra degree of separation between the original source and myself, though I can make exceptions for particularly important transactions."
Nasim shrugged at the man's warnings. "We do what we must to survive in this city, my friend, but I do my best to not take jobs that are beyond my scope. I did not expect you would have need of my services, but if you ever find yourself in need be sure to keep me in mind." Nasim smiled. "Besides, much of my work is simply as a courier. I can guarantee that any item given to me will reach it's destination so long as I am able to."
Mekham • Sahir • Secretive • Greedy • Sneaky
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Kindjal, astrolabe, spare change
Languages: Mekhem, Senpet

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Nasim ibn Jalil wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm
Nasim shrugged at the man's warnings. "We do what we must to survive in this city, my friend, but I do my best to not take jobs that are beyond my scope. I did not expect you would have need of my services, but if you ever find yourself in need be sure to keep me in mind." Nasim smiled. "Besides, much of my work is simply as a courier. I can guarantee that any item given to me will reach it's destination so long as I am able to."
"Many hats hey? In this economy, it's important to have many strings to one's bow. Do you only operate within the limits of the Jewel or are you a traveler of the sands?"
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Tarset Kishan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:35 pm
Tarxet held up both hands in mock defeat at that. "I was right, you've clearly had far more experience with such matters. That all sounds more dangerous than any street brawl to me to be honest. At least there I know what I'm getting into. Still, I wish you only the best with it. I hope the woman you hired is worth the money. Life changing is a high goal."

She glanced over at the singing, noting there was now one where there had been three. She gave a brief prayer for a fool to be made that night before idly watching the dancing, though she kept her body language facing Qasim still.
Qasim gave a slight chuckle "forgive me I forget that many others do not find the weave of political intrigue in the city to he as interesting as I do."

He followed her eyes "A previous companion or one whose attention you wish to capture?" He asked, his tone was still conversational but his volume was a little lower so as not carry as far.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 am

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:54 pm
"Many hats hey? In this economy, it's important to have many strings to one's bow. Do you only operate within the limits of the Jewel or are you a traveler of the sands?"
"Precisely my thoughts on the matter as well. It is best to be able to fulfill many roles so that you never get stuck unprepared." Nasim nodded to himself. "I only operate within the city, so long journeys are not something I will be able to do for you, unfortunately."

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:07 am

The question seemed to almost startle her a little, but she just grunted and took a swig of beer, before glancing back at Qasim. "Eh? Oh, neither really, I think. Not that I'd mind, just... taking in the entertainment and all. Songs'r more interesting than stories I think. Guess just always curious what they sing about. You know Ra'Shari?"
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:06 am

Nasim ibn Jalil wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 am
"Precisely my thoughts on the matter as well. It is best to be able to fulfill many roles so that you never get stuck unprepared." Nasim nodded to himself. "I only operate within the city, so long journeys are not something I will be able to do for you, unfortunately."
"They say everything worth remembering happens in the Jewel anyway, and that everything that matters will find its way to the Jewel eventually. Sometimes on the back of caravans like this one. Do you see anything around us that might make a hit in the city I wonder?"
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:22 am

Alas, Aydi wouldn't meet any new people at this time; he had to deal with his dog's agenda first.

/exit
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Tarset Kishan wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:07 am
The question seemed to almost startle her a little, but she just grunted and took a swig of beer, before glancing back at Qasim. "Eh? Oh, neither really, I think. Not that I'd mind, just... taking in the entertainment and all. Songs'r more interesting than stories I think. Guess just always curious what they sing about. You know Ra'Shari?"
Qasim nodded "Indeed I do, their trading caravan doesn't always have much worth considering but they travel far and wide so they occasionally pick up curiosities."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:06 am
"They say everything worth remembering happens in the Jewel anyway, and that everything that matters will find its way to the Jewel eventually. Sometimes on the back of caravans like this one. Do you see anything around us that might make a hit in the city I wonder?"
Nasim raised his eyebrows at the question and looked around carefully. "It seems like they must have come up from near Ivindi lands. Almost a guarantee there will be something, though they'll be keeping the best stock locked up until it's sold. Likely to private connections. Ivory is always a big seller."