The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Rufus Belgica

Re: The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Kezia wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:10 pm

"Hm, well, no complaints so far..."
"Well, I seem to enjoy learning." Rufus leans in, pulling Keiza in closes as he twirls with her and drops his voice. "Most Hanif dancers don't have hands like yours. Like they know how to handle the business end of something dangerous." His eyes sparkle. "Fortunately, I'm Gallim, so I think I like it"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:25 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:16 pm
"Well, I seem to enjoy learning." Rufus leans in, pulling Keiza in closes as he twirls with her and drops his voice. "Most Hanif dancers don't have hands like yours. Like they know how to handle the business end of something dangerous." His eyes sparkle. "Fortunately, I'm Gallim, so I think I like it"
"You'd be amazed at what a Ra'shari might have to put her hands to in a crisis..."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:32 pm

Rufus grins back at her. "Oh, I like that answer! I just hope that you like what you have ahold of right now."

She was definitely hiding something, of that he was sure but then again, who was he to talk about that? It was just...fun. After over a decade of all seriousness, a rush for him to be grown up, to be a man, to attend the academy, to search for a comission...he had experienced fun along the way, but right now there was nothing and no one to tell him how to spend his time. If a legate thought one of his men would never take up with a local for a spell, they had been hopelessly naive.

"I'm pretty fond of what I have myself"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:36 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:32 pm
Rufus grins back at her. "Oh, I like that answer! I just hope that you like what you have ahold of right now."

She was definitely hiding something, of that he was sure but then again, who was he to talk about that? It was just...fun. After over a decade of all seriousness, a rush for him to be grown up, to be a man, to attend the academy, to search for a comission...he had experienced fun along the way, but right now there was nothing and no one to tell him how to spend his time. If a legate thought one of his men would never take up with a local for a spell, they had been hopelessly naive.

"I'm pretty fond of what I have myself"
"Hm, glad to hear it..."

She leaned in a bit on the next spin.

"... because the night in young yet..."

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:40 pm

"Are you sure? It seems increasingly spoken for" Rufus does his best to not seem entirely devlish as he says those words. His expression soften a bit though.

"Your friend isn't going to mind if I keep you in my arms all night? Or...anyone else?"

The idea of an angry lover or husband was not out of the realm of possibility. Worth the risk, certainly, but not out of the question. Rufus had dealt with worse.

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:40 pm
"Are you sure? It seems increasingly spoken for" Rufus does his best to not seem entirely devlish as he says those words. His expression soften a bit though.

"Your friend isn't going to mind if I keep you in my arms all night? Or...anyone else?"
"Raya is happy when others are happy- especially when they can forget their cares for a while. As for anyone else?"

She threw something of a shrug into her movements.

"Their troubles are their troubles."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:21 pm

Nasim ibn Jalil wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:17 pm

Nasim smiled and nodded, glancing at what he felt almost certain was a mark in progress of the foreigner being handled by the two dancers. "True on both accounts. I am Nasim ibn Jalil, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
"Al-Haddar, merchant extraordinaire. Anything you need I can provide... Though I may request a few days and a payment in advance for the most extravagant of requests."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Kezia wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 pm

"Raya is happy when others are happy- especially when they can forget their cares for a while. As for anyone else?"

She threw something of a shrug into her movements.

"Their troubles are their troubles."
"There's always plenty of trouble about, no need to borrow it." Rufus quotes an old saying and then shrugs. "Well, I don't know if that's quite true. You seem like trouble, but I'm more than happy to borrow you for a while" Rufus pulls the Ra'Shari woman closer.

Nasim ibn Jalil

Post by Nasim ibn Jalil » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:54 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:21 pm
"Al-Haddar, merchant extraordinaire. Anything you need I can provide... Though I may request a few days and a payment in advance for the most extravagant of requests."
Nasim nodded at that. "I shall be sure to remember your name Al-Haddar, if you promise to remember mine. I am a man who can be counted on to provide items for those who wish to see them sold." It perhaps wasn't the most elegant way to say he was a thief for hire, but it was worth seeing how Al-Haddar would react to that.
Mekham • Sahir • Secretive • Greedy • Sneaky
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Kindjal, astrolabe, spare change
Languages: Mekhem, Senpet

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:27 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 pm
"A mercenary hmmm? Interesting." He eyed her again up and down "A fitting career path I'd say. Beholden only to yourself and whatever coin you need to survive. I can respect that, I'll keep it in mind, my work can take me to some dangerous places and I am not a man of violence. Having capable back up would be appreciated."
"I will keep the offer in mind, though I do not really travel out of the city often. I find there to be plenty to do within, and I have poor memories of caravan travel." She paused, seeming to think about another taste of beer before deciding otherwise. "Will you be watching or participating in the tournament tomorrow perhaps?"
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives