The Cat yawns itself awake (EA-Cat's tail, day 1)

Arash Karuvah

Re: The Cat yawns itself awake (EA-Cat's tail, day 1)

Post by Arash Karuvah » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:29 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm

"Well it is a coffee shop more than anything else. Not sure if I'd say it's the absolute best in the city but it is quite good. As for food it is your usual fair, decent fruit plates and salads if you're looking for something light, some hummus dishes. Definitely good for the price."
"That sounds like a fair assessment sidi." He smiled, and ordered a fruit plate. "I am still getting used to the local cuisine. it's a bit exotic, but still, quite good. Do you have a favorite?"
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:52 am

Qasim shrugged a little "there are many to choose from but I suppose I enjoy a good Mansaf most days. It is a Simple dish but one from my childhood. Essentially it is just spiced lamb, yogurt and rice on a bed of bread." Just then the waiter dropped off his food and refilled the coffee.

"This is another favorite, Tabbouleh some wheat, fresh tomatoes, parsley, olive oil. Perfect for sharing as well." He said pushing the plate toward the middle of the table.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:21 am

Bazir wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:29 am
''An archery tournament organised by one of our enlightened Khadi'' he says a nod ''She promised gold and a boon to the victor. Some are participating but many are also acting as sponsors.''
"Hmm, I see. Not really my thing archery but I shall attend and watch all the same! Will you be competing? Sponsoring?"

Raya thought for a few moments before adding "I think some of my sisters may take part if they know."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 am

Raya wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:21 am
"Hmm, I see. Not really my thing archery but I shall attend and watch all the same! Will you be competing? Sponsoring?"

Raya thought for a few moments before adding "I think some of my sisters may take part if they know."
''I am sure the Ra'Shari caravan has many who could impress in such a tourney alas I will now compete nor sponsor. I will help keep people fed and refreshed, however!''

Almost at the same time her salad arrived

''Ah! There you go sayyeda.''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:48 am

"Ra'Shari need not fame or impressions. Ra'Shari just enjoy the moment! Speaking of the moment, wow! So colourful!"

Raya eyed up the food with a very impressed look.

"If it is as good as it looks then I will feel very spoilt Sidi!"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:57 am

''I do hope so sayyeda!'' he replies with a smile ''Speaking of which, here is your coffee''

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 am

Raya eyed up the container and the food, and made a mental note to doublecheck her funds. Things looked more expensive than she expected here!

"The designs on your silverwear tell a story. Are they heirlooms?"

She took a moment to try some of the food, and get a few appreciative nods.

It's good!

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:52 am
Qasim shrugged a little "there are many to choose from but I suppose I enjoy a good Mansaf most days. It is a Simple dish but one from my childhood. Essentially it is just spiced lamb, yogurt and rice on a bed of bread." Just then the waiter dropped off his food and refilled the coffee.

"This is another favorite, Tabbouleh some wheat, fresh tomatoes, parsley, olive oil. Perfect for sharing as well." He said pushing the plate toward the middle of the table.
"Both sounds quite tasty. Perhaps I should try another day." He smiled. He eyed the plate, then tentatively moved towards it. "Thank you sidi." He took a taste. "Hm...quite refreshing." He smiled. "The tomatoes and olives are a curious combination. Not unpleasant, but curious."
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Raya wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 am
Raya eyed up the container and the food, and made a mental note to doublecheck her funds. Things looked more expensive than she expected here!

"The designs on your silverwear tell a story. Are they heirlooms?"

She took a moment to try some of the food, and get a few appreciative nods.

It's good!
Bazir smiled wide when the Ra'Shari ate and seemed to truly enjoy the food. He then winked to make a small revelation

''A secret: It is not true silverware sayyeda. There is some silver plating but most of the cups are made of other sturdier metals''

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:51 pm

"It is not?" Raya looked surprised, leaning towards the cups to examine them.

"Oh I see now. I think sidi should come up with an exciting story for them instead of that, it would create a new charm yes?"