The Cat yawns itself awake (EA-Cat's tail, day 1)

Raya

Re: The Cat yawns itself awake (EA-Cat's tail, day 1)

Post by Raya » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:27 am

Bazir wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm
''I am Bazir Ibn Abdullah, sayyeda, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance''

he nods

''My family never had trouble from the Ra'Shari, only cordial relationship''
"Wonderful! Then you must come to the caravans" Raya said with a firm nod as she leaned back and looked over the establishment, as well as those who gathered. She was, perhaps unsurprisingly, the most colourful one in the place.

"How long have you been here running this place?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:23 pm

''I will certainly have to...which one is it this time?'' he asked. He had some idea but a confirmation would be nice.

''I have been running the café for a bit longer then a year now. The responsibility passed on to me like it passed to my father and his father before him''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:37 pm

"Why, the Great Caravan of Entertainment of course! The brightest and most energetic of all Ra'Shari caravans has been here for just about a week, surely you have heard from the sounds and seen from the sights?" Raya shook her head "I have been told it is known weeks ahead of time we are coming simply by the sound of our impending arrival."

There was a pause, before a "staying in one place running a cafe for a year...I cannot imagine it sidi. I cannot imagine staying still for a month, let alone one year! However carrying on the family business, important duties indeed. I'm sure your father will be proud."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Another smaller chuckle "no no I fear you'd just be wasting your time, I swore off martial pursuits long ago at least to any degree to be competitive." He sipped his coffee with a look of contemplation

"Though I suppose learning the basics wouldn't hurt a dire situation indeed if I would need it but I'd rather have at least a finger on the wheel of destiny than fully hand it to lady luck. I may take you up on that offer, we shall see." He said leaning back a bit into his chair.

"As to the matter of a champion there are many skilled mercenaries and caravan guards to choose from, I simply need to take the time to test them."
"Ah, I am sure there are many who would clamor for the opportunity." He waited a bit, glancing around in the café. "I would be happy to teach you the basics when we have some time. It cannot hurt. Do you often visit this place?"
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Raya wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:37 pm
"Why, the Great Caravan of Entertainment of course! The brightest and most energetic of all Ra'Shari caravans has been here for just about a week, surely you have heard from the sounds and seen from the sights?" Raya shook her head "I have been told it is known weeks ahead of time we are coming simply by the sound of our impending arrival."

There was a pause, before a "staying in one place running a cafe for a year...I cannot imagine it sidi. I cannot imagine staying still for a month, let alone one year! However carrying on the family business, important duties indeed. I'm sure your father will be proud."
''Thank you sayyeda. We all have legacies to uphold, some require we travel while others require we stay at one place...thought you would be surprised how much one can see in this city''

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:58 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:43 pm
"Ah, I am sure there are many who would clamor for the opportunity." He waited a bit, glancing around in the café. "I would be happy to teach you the basics when we have some time. It cannot hurt. Do you often visit this place?"
Qasim nodded sipping hos coffee once more "it seems you and I may be spending considerable time together in the coming days Arash a most fateful meeting indeed."

Qasim looked about the coffee shop and nodded "I have been once or twice before, it is near enough to my store and despite its quaint appearance the man runs a top notch shop."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:40 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:58 pm

Qasim nodded sipping hos coffee once more "it seems you and I may be spending considerable time together in the coming days Arash a most fateful meeting indeed."

Qasim looked about the coffee shop and nodded "I have been once or twice before, it is near enough to my store and despite its quaint appearance the man runs a top notch shop."
Arash nodded. "Well, perhaps. It is always good to find new company with whom we can spend time with." He flashed a smile. "Mhm, I see. Perhaps I shall pay more visits in the future. My first time here. What would be your recommendation to try?"
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:27 am

Bazir wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 pm
''Thank you sayyeda. We all have legacies to uphold, some require we travel while others require we stay at one place...thought you would be surprised how much one can see in this city''
"I have been to the city a few times in my life, and there is always something new each time! Now there is even talk of special festivals and competitions I hear? Sounds like someone took inspiration from the Ra'Shari way of life and adopted it" Raya said with a shake of her head "do you know of this sidi?"

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:29 am

Raya wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:27 am

"I have been to the city a few times in my life, and there is always something new each time! Now there is even talk of special festivals and competitions I hear? Sounds like someone took inspiration from the Ra'Shari way of life and adopted it" Raya said with a shake of her head "do you know of this sidi?"
''An archery tournament organised by one of our enlightened Khadi'' he says a nod ''She promised gold and a boon to the victor. Some are participating but many are also acting as sponsors.''

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:40 am

Arash nodded. "Well, perhaps. It is always good to find new company with whom we can spend time with." He flashed a smile. "Mhm, I see. Perhaps I shall pay more visits in the future. My first time here. What would be your recommendation to try?"
"Well it is a coffee shop more than anything else. Not sure if I'd say it's the absolute best in the city but it is quite good. As for food it is your usual fair, decent fruit plates and salads if you're looking for something light, some hummus dishes. Definitely good for the price."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume