The Cat yawns itself awake (EA-Cat's tail, day 1)

Arash Karuvah

Re: The Cat yawns itself awake (EA-Cat's tail, day 1)

Post by Arash Karuvah » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Qasim smiled and nodded "Ah yes the teas of the Kingdom of Ivory are indeed of impeccable quality. Not as many here in the Jewel have a taste for them but they sell well enough." He replied in the other man's native tongue. Qasim clearly had an accent but he was fluent in the language it would seem.

"This one is Qasim al-Basiri a not so humble son of the House of Dahab. It is a pleasure to meet you Arash. What pulls you away from the glittering and bright spires of your home?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
Arash replied with a small chuckle. "Perhaps, we can meet for some tea sometime then. You can show me what is currently in your stock."

"Well met. House Karuvah, my family, is known for its traders and diplomats, and as I am high up, I figured it would do me well to know the details of our duties. Hence, I am here, in the Jewel of the desert." He shrugged. "Granted, I am less of a talker and charmer than my sister, but I find that actions mean as much as promises."
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 pm

Bazir wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:52 pm
Bazir was keeping things running smoothly when he noticed the richly dressed man order...and he made sure he would get priority: He was not sure if he was dahabi or not but he would not take chances.

While the staff got itself busy rushing the order Bazir himself moved to the front of the house as the Ra'shari walked in.

''Good afternoon sayyeda, how can The Cat's Tail be of service'' he said with a smile
The Ra'Shari woman was shaken from her brief moment of curiosity by the approaching speaking man. She looked back to him with a smile and a tilt of her head.

"Good afternoon! What a wonderful comfortable place. I just wanted to see the sights, I hadn't been to the city in quite a while now and this caught my eye. The Cat's Tail you say? What does Sidi recommend?"
Arash Karuvah wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:07 pm
He noticed the woman entering, it was hard not to, amongst all the glitter, after all. And nodded towards her. He recognized the features of a Ra'Shari, and smiled towards her.
A smile was returned by the pretty woman, but she was busy with the man who worked here so couldn't do more than smile and nod at this point.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:21 pm
Arash replied with a small chuckle. "Perhaps, we can meet for some tea sometime then. You can show me what is currently in your stock."

"Well met. House Karuvah, my family, is known for its traders and diplomats, and as I am high up, I figured it would do me well to know the details of our duties. Hence, I am here, in the Jewel of the desert." He shrugged. "Granted, I am less of a talker and charmer than my sister, but I find that actions mean as much as promises."
"Yes yes of course it would be a pleasure to give you a taste of home. You can find me most mornings tending to my store Light and Shadow Luxuries in the thoroughfare near the Houses of Dahab. We carry a great many things, you might find something else to your liking." He replied with a friendly open energy.

"So you are one of Noble birth eh? That is exciting indeed and your sister sounds like a woman after my own heart, though as you say there is certainly something to being a man of action. Do you intend to compete in the tournament coming up? You have the bearing of a warrior about you."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 pm

"Yes yes of course it would be a pleasure to give you a taste of home. You can find me most mornings tending to my store Light and Shadow Luxuries in the thoroughfare near the Houses of Dahab. We carry a great many things, you might find something else to your liking." He replied with a friendly open energy.

"So you are one of Noble birth eh? That is exciting indeed and your sister sounds like a woman after my own heart, though as you say there is certainly something to being a man of action. Do you intend to compete in the tournament coming up? You have the bearing of a warrior about you."
"Sounds like quite the plan then. Perhaps I shall buy something for my...betrothed. It is only...proper. I guess." He did not seem enthused by the idea.

"Certainly. I want to show the people here all my teachers taught me." He smiled. "Besides, it would be a change of pace, and that's something I feel I can use. Will you join the challenge sidi?"
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:11 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:47 pm
"Sounds like quite the plan then. Perhaps I shall buy something for my...betrothed. It is only...proper. I guess." He did not seem enthused by the idea.

"Certainly. I want to show the people here all my teachers taught me." He smiled. "Besides, it would be a change of pace, and that's something I feel I can use. Will you join the challenge sidi?"
Qasim sipped his coffee while Arash spoke the look in his eyes and the polite smile on his lips were both very telling of a knowing attitude but he made no mention of what he caught "Well friend the Jewel has many things to keep your mind occupied if there are things that weigh on it." He said with a smile.

At the question he laughed fully "Oh my by the spirits no. A bow in my hands I'm like to be more of a danger to myself and the viewer than to any target. No no I believe it in everyone's interest that I sit this out. Though there are no shortage of talented individuals that would gladly accept patronage in such a contest."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:12 pm

Raya wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 pm

The Ra'Shari woman was shaken from her brief moment of curiosity by the approaching speaking man. She looked back to him with a smile and a tilt of her head.

"Good afternoon! What a wonderful comfortable place. I just wanted to see the sights, I hadn't been to the city in quite a while now and this caught my eye. The Cat's Tail you say? What does Sidi recommend?"
''It depends if you are in need of something quick to eat on the go or if you have time to sit down and relax. If the latter then I recommend our fattouche salad either traditionnal or seasonnal.'' he replied presenting the menu ''Our coffee is also always recommended, of course.''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Bazir wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:12 pm
''It depends if you are in need of something quick to eat on the go or if you have time to sit down and relax. If the latter then I recommend our fattouche salad either traditionnal or seasonnal.'' he replied presenting the menu ''Our coffee is also always recommended, of course.''
"But if I get something on the go, I will not see what I came to see! Nono, I have time to sit, I insist" Raya said with a smile as she looked to the seating area on the roof "a traditional fattouche salad and a coffee sounds wonderful. It will save me needing to return to the caravans for a late lunch yes?" her eyes went back to the man
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 pm

''I assure you that our fattouche is both filling yet feels very light and refreshes astoundingly.'' he said with assurance

''Do you wish for haloumi on your salad? There is no extra charge for it, just a question of taste.'' he raised a finger, bringing up one last question

''Do you prefer to be seated inside in an alcove near the stage or do you wish for the terrace?''

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Bazir wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 pm
''I assure you that our fattouche is both filling yet feels very light and refreshes astoundingly.'' he said with assurance

''Do you wish for haloumi on your salad? There is no extra charge for it, just a question of taste.'' he raised a finger, bringing up one last question

''Do you prefer to be seated inside in an alcove near the stage or do you wish for the terrace?''
"A stage?" That had the womans attention, and she turned to look around "you have performers on? I love to perform. Oh, you asked a question, haloumi please" she beamed a smile at the man "if there are performances to happen the stage, if not then the terrace. Or the stage could be on the terrace? Then the whole city can enjoy the performance, like my caravans offer to all who come to see."

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:13 pm

Bazir could not help but chuckle at the young woman's cheer

''We do not have a musician or performer scheduled...at the moment at least.'' he noted the woman's order down and passed it to a passing waiter while he would guide her to a comfortable place on the roof

''I am not opposed to open air performances but the neighbors tend to complain when the night falls.''