A Friend in Need [D1, LA, The Maze, Expecting but Open]

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: A Friend in Need [D1, LA, The Maze, Expecting but Open]

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:20 am

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:42 am
Arash nodded. "Quite true, I have forgotten about that. Not much space and place to practice it." His thoughts crossed. Perhaps he could teach it to some...but that might run counter to the spirit of the law. He frowned. Always that question.

"Well, perhaps I can at least entertain you and the others somewhat."
The Mekham gave Arash another tired smile as he turned to tend to the wounds of another person - although the smile seemed sincere, at least.

"I'm sure you will, sayyid. And maybe it will be a chance to learn something, for those of us who had little chance to practice beforehand."

Then, looking at the people gathered around them. "I hope this event won't turn too much of our attention from those who need it the most, though..."
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:20 am

The Mekham gave Arash another tired smile as he turned to tend to the wounds of another person - although the smile seemed sincere, at least.

"I'm sure you will, sayyid. And maybe it will be a chance to learn something, for those of us who had little chance to practice beforehand."

Then, looking at the people gathered around them. "I hope this event won't turn too much of our attention from those who need it the most, though..."
Arash paused in between handing things off. "I am sure it won't. Duties like this do not stop, nor pause." He let out a tired sigh. "How are they doing health-wise? Any sickness spreading at the moment?"
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am
Arash paused in between handing things off. "I am sure it won't. Duties like this do not stop, nor pause." He let out a tired sigh. "How are they doing health-wise? Any sickness spreading at the moment?"
The simpler man nods at the Ivindi, his eyes serious but glad for his words. "Sadly so, but they really do not."

He pours a few more ladles of water to an older lady.

"Nothing more than the usual, at least from what I've been seeing. Many wounds from accidents - not only a few from violence. Then some of the afflictions that are sadly still common. Breathing difficulties, coughs. Bowel issues. Sometimes some come to me with skin rashes and blisters, to whom I must recommend isolation... much as I know it's hard to follow for many."

He shrugs, his eyes somewhat saddened, but mostly tired. "I often wish I could do more."
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:23 pm

The simpler man nods at the Ivindi, his eyes serious but glad for his words. "Sadly so, but they really do not."

He pours a few more ladles of water to an older lady.

"Nothing more than the usual, at least from what I've been seeing. Many wounds from accidents - not only a few from violence. Then some of the afflictions that are sadly still common. Breathing difficulties, coughs. Bowel issues. Sometimes some come to me with skin rashes and blisters, to whom I must recommend isolation... much as I know it's hard to follow for many."

He shrugs, his eyes somewhat saddened, but mostly tired. "I often wish I could do more."
Arash, frowned. "Ah, I see. I have no skills around most medicinal matters, though I have an idea on wound caring. but really, the basics. Are there any supplies you need perhaps?" He poured out some more water to the next in line, a small, skinny child

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:36 pm
Arash, frowned. "Ah, I see. I have no skills around most medicinal matters, though I have an idea on wound caring. but really, the basics. Are there any supplies you need perhaps?" He poured out some more water to the next in line, a small, skinny child
"Well, my own knowledge is not particularly extensive, sadly. Mostly what I've learned from my mother... and what I could pick up by myself later. I definitely have much to learn... which I hope I can do. It would definitely improve what I can do to help..."

He then looks at his supplies. "As for your offer, I think I've got most needs covered, for now at least. But thank you, kind rafiq."

As another man came towards them with a nasty wound on his arm, he turned his head toward Arash as he got ready to patch the man up. "You did receive some training then, I see? Was it also part of your training as... " he didn't seem to find quite the word for it. "a... noble?"

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:01 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:40 pm

"Well, my own knowledge is not particularly extensive, sadly. Mostly what I've learned from my mother... and what I could pick up by myself later. I definitely have much to learn... which I hope I can do. It would definitely improve what I can do to help..."

He then looks at his supplies. "As for your offer, I think I've got most needs covered, for now at least. But thank you, kind rafiq."

As another man came towards them with a nasty wound on his arm, he turned his head toward Arash as he got ready to patch the man up. "You did receive some training then, I see? Was it also part of your training as... " he didn't seem to find quite the word for it. "a... noble?"
Arash shrugged. "Well, I am a warrior, so I was taught how to recognize wounds, and clean them. Nothing extensive, just enough to avoid any major emergencies. Most of my training has been around martial pursuits, and the basics of etiquette and history." He seemed to be slightly ashamed as he looked away. "I'm trying to broaden my horizons."

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:34 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:01 pm
Arash shrugged. "Well, I am a warrior, so I was taught how to recognize wounds, and clean them. Nothing extensive, just enough to avoid any major emergencies. Most of my training has been around martial pursuits, and the basics of etiquette and history." He seemed to be slightly ashamed as he looked away. "I'm trying to broaden my horizons."
Faruq looked at him again with serious, but gentle eyes, his hands still busy with the man's wound. "My good friend, you seem unnecessarily fazed. I don't know that not knowing is a sin - especially when one's open to learning."

A few more stitches, some salted water and herbs spread on the wound to avoid problems, and he helped the man up.

"Might I ask in which direction you've been expanding your horizons, then, Sayyid Arash?"

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:08 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:34 pm

Faruq looked at him again with serious, but gentle eyes, his hands still busy with the man's wound. "My good friend, you seem unnecessarily fazed. I don't know that not knowing is a sin - especially when one's open to learning."

A few more stitches, some salted water and herbs spread on the wound to avoid problems, and he helped the man up.

"Might I ask in which direction you've been expanding your horizons, then, Sayyid Arash?"
"Mostly the cultural ones. I try to help and learn where I can. House Karuvah has a stable of diplomats, and I do not wish to fall behind. My Mekhem is getting better, I feel, at least." He smiled. "Hopefully."

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:08 am
"Mostly the cultural ones. I try to help and learn where I can. House Karuvah has a stable of diplomats, and I do not wish to fall behind. My Mekhem is getting better, I feel, at least." He smiled. "Hopefully."
The man nods with a weak smile again as he starts to clean some of his tools, stopping now and again to pour some more of the water that still remains in the bucket to other people who approach them.

"Ah... I think I've heard some stories of the Ivory Kingdoms' penchant for diplomacy, yes. And... if I didn't know of your origin, I don't think I would guess you were not from somewhere nearby from your manner of speaking, Sayyid", he adds with an encouraging nod. "It's more than it could be said from the language skills of most any Mekham I know"

He stores the cleaned tools, gets some others to be cleaned.

"I'll be looking forward to seeing your performance tomorrow, rafiq Arash. And... I hope we will have the chance to work together again soon. I may go to the Khesir quarter tomorrow... there's no lack of necessity there, as you well know"