Walk with the Dog [EM, Thoroughfare, Open]

Aydi al-Qais

Walk with the Dog [EM, Thoroughfare, Open]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:27 am

The red fez stood out of the gathering crowd just barely; Aydi was not short, but not so tall either to have a look over the sea of turbans an head scarves. Nor would the crowd afford him much space around, though the other Aydi had long learned to manouvre among shuffling feet and not get kicked.

Aydi was looking for trouble. But not in a way a bad boy would; he looked for trouble like a good boy, in order to undo it! He had shukrans, efus and maleshs to those he bounced shoulders with while trying to make way to where the action usually was... at the stalls!
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: Walk with the Dog [EM, Thoroughfare, Open]

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:38 am

There were much worse ways to start a day off than with a walk through the market. Of course that was not to say the market was free from vice and violence - much the opposite, really, as Faruq's memory insisted on reminding him from time to time as he walked through the crowds looking at the goods and wondering what food he could get for the day.

It was during one of these unwanted memories that he stumbled on the man with the red fez, suddenly getting back to his senses as he took care not to step on the dog or his leash.

"'Ana 'aasef, my good man! I should be properly awake when walking through the crowds, it seems...", he says with a tired half-smile.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:50 am

Not far from the two man a third one was looking over the food stalls, inspecting the produce

''You ask how much for this lettuce? Oh please, do you think I am blind or dumb? I could get lamb from Abu's at that price!''

Haggling starts early in the Bazar!
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:54 am

"Malesh!" Befezzed man dismissed the concern with a broad smile that was more than a bit contagious. "Salaam aleikum, Shilah be merciful today. Out here for business?"

Speaking of business, the haggling was indeed in full swing already!
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 am

The morning was perhaps the busiest time on the Thoroughfare. Those who sleep at night are heading out to break their fast and begin the day while those who work the nights are gathering what they may need for supper and heading back towards home. All that and the ever-present trade as well.

It is a lively and chaotic throng and the heat of bodies is already warming up the cooler winter air even as Shilah starts to cast her gaze upon the city.

There was a lot to take in, and a lot to distract, but was there anything of import for a guard to see?

(Aydi roll Investigation/Perception at some point - conversation can continue in the meantime as this is for the overall patrol not necessarily the heat of the moment)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:03 am

Aydi's senses weren't exactly drowsy as he conversed!

EM1. Investigation!: 6d10o10k3 24

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:05 am

The morning, and patrol, were yet young but for now nothing untoward caught his watchful eye.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:54 am
"Malesh!" Befezzed man dismissed the concern with a broad smile that was more than a bit contagious. "Salaam aleikum, Shilah be merciful today. Out here for business?"

Speaking of business, the haggling was indeed in full swing already!
The man's dark smile broadens a bit as he adjusts his keffiyeh. "Salaam aleikum, rafiq, Shilah be merciful indeed. Out for business indeed, if my coin will allow me, of course. I suppose you are as well?"
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm

"In a way. I am just trying to help all those Shilah-fearing people to keep things civil, resolve some problems if I can." Aydi kept smiling, apparently willing to admit that he had some official sanction from the Khadi to do so. "Hope your business turns out well today, sidi! Copper must flow."

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm
"In a way. I am just trying to help all those Shilah-fearing people to keep things civil, resolve some problems if I can." Aydi kept smiling, apparently willing to admit that he had some official sanction from the Khadi to do so. "Hope your business turns out well today, sidi! Copper must flow."
Faruq nodded with a smile that didn't seem too happy. "That it must. Hopefully some of that flow will reach those who need it most, eh?"

He looks around at the nearest stalls. "So... a guard, then? I... suppose those in command wouldn't be too happy about common people walking by your side while you folks are doing rounds? Wouldn't want to get in your way, as you might imagine", he adds with another faint smirk.