Walk with the Dog [EM, Thoroughfare, Open]

Bazir

Re: Walk with the Dog [EM, Thoroughfare, Open]

Post by Bazir » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 pm

''Are you sure no one else will sell other snacks?'' it was a decent idea but he was sure many would have thought of it

''And only raw pistachios? I do hope you have the good sense of roasting them first.''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:39 am

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:48 am
"Where else to go, really? Certainly, the city brings as many woes as it offers marvels, but everywhere around it's worse, especially for simple men." He chuckled, apparently meaning them both. "Here at least you can live among people to whom you matter and your work can matter too." Aydi noticed a woman in the crowd that seemed distinct. "Maybe the Ra'shari have vibrant communities too, but I don't know much about them."
"Well, I suppose you're right, rafiq. Not like the desert sand would care for us better, I guess. Not unless you've got a big family - like the Ra'Shari' seemed to have, eh?"

He turned his head to look at the serious haggling going on around them for a while, the corner of his lips a bit crooked, then turned to the other side to look at some oranges in another stall.

"As for our work... well, I guess that's true for some of us, at least. I gather yours is to keep an eye on things, then?"
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:51 am

"That, but I also have a personal commitment to do more than that. I am not particularly wealthy, so I try to help people in other ways than alms. People often say what they want is copper, but what they really want is what they imagine copper can buy. Sometimes money are not necessary." He shrugged.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 am

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:51 am
"That, but I also have a personal commitment to do more than that. I am not particularly wealthy, so I try to help people in other ways than alms. People often say what they want is copper, but what they really want is what they imagine copper can buy. Sometimes money are not necessary." He shrugged.
Faruq gave him another weak smile. "I suppose we may have found something else we agree on. It's not copper people eat or drink, and it's not copper that keeps them healthy. Although of course, the dates one's extra copper - or hundred copper - buy may be those that lack on another's table. But... maybe that's not what you meant?"
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 am

"I certainly meant that a simple man or woman are as deserving of justice as anybody else." Aydi said on quieter note.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:48 am

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 am
"I certainly meant that a simple man or woman are as deserving of justice as anybody else." Aydi said on quieter note.
The answer made Faruq turn his head towards the red fezzed man, his left brow raising slightly. "So.. it is on justice you trade then, Sayyid Aydi?"

Another look at the exposed wares, a few silent steps.

"May I ask how that works, then?"

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:41 am

Bazir wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 pm
''Are you sure no one else will sell other snacks?'' it was a decent idea but he was sure many would have thought of it

''And only raw pistachios? I do hope you have the good sense of roasting them first.''
"Of course there will be some sort of competition. But none of these hawkers are as good at their job as me.

Yeah, I plan to cook them. Might have to bother my poor mom for that sadly, don't really have access to a good enough kitchen at my crash place."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:20 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:41 am
"Of course there will be some sort of competition. But none of these hawkers are as good at their job as me.

Yeah, I plan to cook them. Might have to bother my poor mom for that sadly, don't really have access to a good enough kitchen at my crash place."
Bazir tilted his head as an idea took root in his mind

''I have a counter offer then. I will buy pistachios but you will work with me and advertise my café during the festival. The pistachios and other snacks will be prepared by our kitchen and you will sell them for us.''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Bazir wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:20 pm
Bazir tilted his head as an idea took root in his mind

''I have a counter offer then. I will buy pistachios but you will work with me and advertise my café during the festival. The pistachios and other snacks will be prepared by our kitchen and you will sell them for us.''
"Hmm... That could work I guess. Which café did you tell me you own? Of course we need to discuss our respective shares. I'd say 50% of the raw profit plus a bonus of 10% per half a pound sold sounds fair."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:48 am
The answer made Faruq turn his head towards the red fezzed man, his left brow raising slightly. "So.. it is on justice you trade then, Sayyid Aydi?"

Another look at the exposed wares, a few silent steps.

"May I ask how that works, then?"
"Those at a disadvantage may have their hand strengthened with knowledge. Not all can learn truth by themselves." Aydi replied a bit cryptically. "Few things harm the soul more than suffering without reason."