The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Rufus Belgica

Re: The Noblest Art Is That Of Making Others Happy (D1 EE Desert Open)

Post by Rufus Belgica » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:25 pm

Kezia wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:27 pm

"Hm, a student, then? I think we could probably teach him, eh Raya?"
"Raya?" Rufus tries out the name himself, almost as if tasting it. "And you are? Oh, I nearly forgot." Rufus clasps a hand over his heart. "Rufus Belgica, of the province Gallim"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:08 am

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:25 pm
"Raya?" Rufus tries out the name himself, almost as if tasting it. "And you are? Oh, I nearly forgot." Rufus clasps a hand over his heart. "Rufus Belgica, of the province Gallim"
"Good to meet you, Rufus. I'm Kezia."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:01 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:17 pm
Qasim wandered around for a bit taking in the dancers and other assorted entertainers on display in the area. He had drink in hand and a bright smile upon his lips.

After some time he found himself next to a woman much larger than himself. In fact she seemed to be larger than most people around, such a unique individual certainly required closer inspection "The Ra'Shari certainly put on quite the show don't they? Is this your first time enjoying the entertainment caravan?" He asked, taking a sip of his drink as he looked out upon the dancers though his questions were clearly for her
Looking around, Tarset took a swig of her beer as Qasim sat and spoke. Clearly a merchant, or someone who looked after them. Dahabi. Giving a soft grunt of acknowledgement, her own eyes followed his out once more as she relaxed forward, elbows on her knees. "Can't count the times I've visited. Good chance to get out of the city and relax."

Her eyes followed the two dancers making their way over toward the red headed Yodotai. She frowned a touch. "...Though I've been to better shows."
Senpet | Warrior | Large | Strong | Hot-Headed
Influences 1/1/1
Glorious 0.0 | Infamous 1.0
Integrity: Untrustworthy

Carries: Traveling pack with essentials, 2 knives

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:37 am

Tarset Kishan wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:01 am
Looking around, Tarset took a swig of her beer as Qasim sat and spoke. Clearly a merchant, or someone who looked after them. Dahabi. Giving a soft grunt of acknowledgement, her own eyes followed his out once more as she relaxed forward, elbows on her knees. "Can't count the times I've visited. Good chance to get out of the city and relax."

Her eyes followed the two dancers making their way over toward the red headed Yodotai. She frowned a touch. "...Though I've been to better shows."
His eyes followed along with hers "that one is either in for a night he'll never forget or one he'll wish he could remember." Qasim said with a chuckle

"Yes I have seen the Ra'Shari put on better shows before but every performance can't be your best one." He said with a slight shrug as he sipped his drink again "Is there similar dedication to the dance in Empire of the Scarab?" He asked in a slightly Accented version of what he believed to be her native tongue.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:42 am

Tarset hadn't really meant to say that last out loud. It was a fine show, all things considered, but she'd let the sour taste get to her words, something she was merely reminded of more from Qasim's comment. She looked away and askance to the Dahabi man. Before she could say anything, her brow furrowed at his use of the Senpet tongue. "...I wouldn't know. Never been," she said simply, a clear gruffness to her words as she took a new swig from her skin.
Influences 1/1/1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:05 am

Any rough manner or mood from the woman seemed to split around the man and roll off him like water from a duck's back "Ah I apologize if I offended, you had the look of the Senpet about you and I made assumptions." He offered a small seated bow of apology.

"So are you native to the Jewel then?" He asked with a slightly raised eyebrow looking over to her.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:14 am

Her brow remained furrowed, but it lightened just a bit as she shrugged softly. "It's a long story sayyid, but near enough. Only home I've ever known at least. Not really in a rush to visit home either. Not that the Jewel shines as bright as its name suggest most often, but I'm not sure I'd fit in back in Senpet lands."

She sat up just a bit, but was still hunched forward. "What about you? You speak the language well enough, and have the look of a man of commerce. Ever taken a caravan there?"
Influences 1/1/1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:26 am

"I am sure you do not fit in many places but this is a good thing. You are impressive, beauty and strength are not two things that often come together in one extraordinary person." his words were obviously honeyed but there was a genuine air to them rather than the flat vapidness of flattery "though perhaps you mean culturally and in such a case I believe you would do fine you are one to stand out but I am sure they would admire the strength you bring them."

He shrugged "As for myself, you are indeed correct I have travelled many places in my short life. I have seen wonders from across both sand and sea, far flung lands with no name and watched brave soldiers kill mighty beasts that words cannot give proper form. Many think being a merchant to be a boring stationary job and they would be correct but only because so many do it incorrectly."
Last edited by Qasim al-Basiri on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarset Kishan

Post by Tarset Kishan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:40 am

Listening silently, Tarset finally gave shit of a chuckle and sat up fully once more. While she hadn't flushed at the praise, the whole tale seemed to revive her a bit. "Are you certain you're not a Ra'Shari storyteller in disguise? Fantastic tales of foreign lands and high praise are two of their specialties. Then again, the best merchants have that in common."
Influences 1/1/1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 am

Qasim laughed a bit loosening up more as he felt her own mood relaxing and gave her a sly smile at the praise she redirected at him "Now now I would never presume to put myself on the same level as the great Ra'Shari when it comes to storytelling. I simply have packed much life into my years so far. If one aspires to be the best at what they do they must go to the extraordinary and not fear the outcome but rather embrace the chaos of possibility."

He then waved his hands dismissively his motion slightly more enthusiastic than necessary perhaps the drink beginning to take effect "and what is it you do here? I would assume some kind of trade that involves strength and or violence."