Too tired to think of a clever title [Qasim's Q&A]

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: Too tired to think of a clever title [Qasim's Q&A]

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm

Well she is certainly strange by setting standards I would say but then again so is Qasim. But at the end of the day he doesn't care about that his ultimate goal is happiness for Sora and by extension Raya. So while he also has no issue with it if it made anyone uncomfortable he would have little issue stopping.
Last edited by Qasim al-Basiri on Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:46 pm

I kept thinking of something to ask here and to Soraya - and actually that makes me realise something that is odd but at the same time I like about LBS. There are some very clear "different worlds" going on!

So I'll ask one thing for now - I know there was at least some "here's the people less well-off in the world" moments this game, and Qasim also showed up in one thread to help poor people with Faruq in game 1, so:

What would you say is Qasim's view on the "other world" of poor/miserable people in the Jewel? Does he think he might do anything to help? Does he think they are in that position because they deserve to, in some way? Does he think like... " it's a pity but what can I do about it"? Or maybe he doesn't even spare a second thought about all that? Haven't followed his threads too closely this time, so I apologise in advance if that appears elsewhere!

And also... future plans for Qasim? Aside than apparently becoming a Khadi hunter? XD

Oh! One more - what moved him to ask for that specifically, if that's not revealing too much? "Doing good", in some way? "Changing things" just because, maybe? Or... more power to himself even? Maybe even a dream to become Caliph one day? :)
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:52 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:46 pm
I kept thinking of something to ask here and to Soraya - and actually that makes me realise something that is odd but at the same time I like about LBS. There are some very clear "different worlds" going on!

So I'll ask one thing for now - I know there was at least some "here's the people less well-off in the world" moments this game, and Qasim also showed up in one thread to help poor people with Faruq in game 1, so:

What would you say is Qasim's view on the "other world" of poor/miserable people in the Jewel? Does he think he might do anything to help? Does he think they are in that position because they deserve to, in some way? Does he think like... " it's a pity but what can I do about it"? Or maybe he doesn't even spare a second thought about all that? Haven't followed his threads too closely this time, so I apologise in advance if that appears elsewhere!

And also... future plans for Qasim? Aside than apparently becoming a Khadi hunter? XD

Oh! One more - what moved him to ask for that specifically, if that's not revealing too much? "Doing good", in some way? "Changing things" just because, maybe? Or... more power to himself even? Maybe even a dream to become Caliph one day? :)
Hi ya! As for the poor, Qasim believes in man's ability to help and care for others. He is a Greedy man by nature but he believes that a good reputation leads to better business as well. So he spends money to help to look good but he is eager to use other things like his skills to help the city run more efficiently to help the poor.

So I guess short answer is he does care about the poor and helping them but does less so with coin due to his greed.

For now future goals are to be with Soraya and Raya. Travel with them. Start to learn more about Stealth and learn how to actually use that fancy dagger.

As for the dagger well, it was just a little inspiration based on his Faction. I am comfortable revealing that he is Qolat, I don't think I've made much a secret of that. So it is a bit of a fire to fight fire type of deal. Qolat obviously are against the shadow but currently the Caliph and Khadi are the biggest problem for the freedom of man. And a weapon to fight the enemy was a general request and I am very happy with how Sven handled it.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume