Day 5, EE - A Princess' Plans (closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 5, EE - A Princess' Plans (closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:56 pm

As Soraya put her marshmallow on her stick and stuck it out over the fire, she dropped a bombshell, "I asked Lady Majdala to leave the palace, by the way. And she said she would miss me and that the palace was open to me if I wished to return, but that she understood and I could go. So I will be moving out this upcoming week."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:59 pm

Qasim chuckled a little "Well your people are know for resourcefulness and not wasting anything. A necessary trait for surviving in the Sands I imagine."

He followed suit and skewered another marshmallow looking to Soraya "Oh well that is good news, where will you be staying going forward?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:01 pm

Raya also put her marshmallow into the fire, looking at Soraya as she dropped her news.

"Why are you leaving? Thought you were enjoying time in palace? You had much freedom, where will you go?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:55 pm

"I... was hoping I could move in with one of you two; If I stayed in the palace, there was no chance I could travel with either of you or properly show my affection. Lady Majdala was a gracious hostess... but I do not love her the same way I love you Miss Raya, Sidi Qasim. I... will miss her, but it did not feel fair to either of you. Especially with how my staying with her seemed to affect you, Qasim. I do not wish to make either of you worry. I love you very much, and I just want you both to be happy without worrying about me."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:03 pm

Qasim nodded "Well you know my door is always open to you. I have five unused bedrooms and well, my own as well should you wish."

"As for things with the Khadi, I hope my feelings were not the largest part of why you left. They are my own and you should not change to make them easier."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:05 pm

Raya nodded.

"I am understanding. If it was causing problems then it is for best. I do not know if Khadi are to be angry towards those who leave them but if she seemed to be ok with then it should be ok. You are always welcome in my caravan. It is not large house, but it is always open to you."

There was a small peek at Qasim and then a grin.

"Sidi Qasim said he was buying me house though, so we could live there together instead."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:08 pm

Sora looked over at Qasim, her eyebrow arching, "This is news to me. What have you been planning you sly fox?"
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:13 pm

Qasim raised a finger "I believe I said between Soraya and myself we could find a place for you in the city. I do not think I outright said I would buy you a house." He chuckled

"Though...I mean you both talk about how big this place is, seems to be a bit wasteful to buy another dwelling when there is more than enough room for all of us here." He offered "and I know you were joking but you could even bring your wagon here if you wanted Raya."

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:24 pm

"I Am thinking your guards would be searching my caravan every night if it was here" Raya said with a small laugh "or standing guard at my door."

She lifted her marshmallow out of the fire, checking it before putting it back to flame a little more.

"I am not knowing what is way with Dahabi, but in Ra'Shari if man and woman or multiple women all move into same caravan but not married or family it is looked at weirdly if they were not to be marrying. Much gossiping. Am not sure what would be said for Dahabi man moving Dahabi and Ra'Shari woman into home."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:29 pm

"Oh, it certainly is that way with the Dahabi as well, yes. A man and a woman living under the same roof but not married... that was the reason I didn't simply move out with Qasim here and took up roost with Lady Majdala. I did not wish to ruin his reputation or start troubles between House Menjari and House Basiri. Of course..."

She pulled back her marshmallow, blowing on it where it steamed, "Of course, the easiest solution to that would be my marrying Sidi Qasim. At this point, I'm far enough from my father's influence to get away with that, and Lady Menjari even said she'd support it. But I'd not make that decision without your say Raya."

Sora nipped at the marshmallow as she looked over at Qasim, "I do love you dearly Qasim, but if I had a choice my life would be that of a Ra'Shari, not moving from one Dahabi mansion to another, no matter my freedom here. If it's a choice between one or the other that is, and I sense it is not just that."
Influence: