[D5 EA House of Heavens] Suntouched talismans

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: [D5 EA House of Heavens] Suntouched talismans

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:18 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:06 pm
Sora smiled appreciatively at the gentle touch before bowing her head a little in acknowledgement of the question, "Hai, that would be good."

She is unsure what Qara has in mind though, though she glances over at the slight gentle hand of the Unicorn woman.
"You mentioned some progres in your...situation. May I ask, or would you prefer a more private place?" She raised a hand. "Just out of curiosity." Glancing back towards the temple, she smiled. "You know, I find it...interesting, that a sun goddess seems to be a constant in the world. In most places, at least."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:18 pm
"You mentioned some progres in your...situation. May I ask, or would you prefer a more private place?" She raised a hand. "Just out of curiosity." Glancing back towards the temple, she smiled. "You know, I find it...interesting, that a sun goddess seems to be a constant in the world. In most places, at least."
Soraya nodded her head at the question, motioning that she would follow Qara to somewhere more private.

"It is curious I suppose. But if there's something big that moves across the sky every day like that, don't you think most people would rightly suppose that the sun is a being watching over us? And that it must be a woman because of it's warmth and beauty?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Soraya nodded her head at the question, motioning that she would follow Qara to somewhere more private.

"It is curious I suppose. But if there's something big that moves across the sky every day like that, don't you think most people would rightly suppose that the sun is a being watching over us? And that it must be a woman because of it's warmth and beauty?"
"I can see that interpretation, though then..." she shrugged. "THe sun is a deity, I guess. I am just...surprised. Some of the tales of Shilah are not as warm as of Amaterasu. The burning..."She pulled herself tighter. "It's a frightening tale."

She moved near an alcove that seemed to be deserted and sat down. "How are things at the house of the khadi?"
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:53 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 pm
"I can see that interpretation, though then..." she shrugged. "THe sun is a deity, I guess. I am just...surprised. Some of the tales of Shilah are not as warm as of Amaterasu. The burning..."She pulled herself tighter. "It's a frightening tale."

She moved near an alcove that seemed to be deserted and sat down. "How are things at the house of the khadi?"
"Well, really. Lady Majdala has been a great host, and a tempestuous lover... though she did also let me go when I asked to. She did not seem mad or anything of the sort, at least outwardly. Perhaps a little sad, though I could have just been imagining things."

Sora frowns a little, "She made love to me one last time, and stroked my hair as we lay together and said her home was open if I chose to come back. Honestly, it almost made me want to stay longer..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:02 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:53 pm
"Well, really. Lady Majdala has been a great host, and a tempestuous lover... though she did also let me go when I asked to. She did not seem mad or anything of the sort, at least outwardly. Perhaps a little sad, though I could have just been imagining things."

Sora frowns a little, "She made love to me one last time, and stroked my hair as we lay together and said her home was open if I chose to come back. Honestly, it almost made me want to stay longer..."
"Ah, I see, so you left her care. And where will you go next, sayyeda?" She raised her fan, and started fanning herself in thought.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:49 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:02 pm
"Ah, I see, so you left her care. And where will you go next, sayyeda?" She raised her fan, and started fanning herself in thought.
"I plan on traveling with the Ra'Shari named Raya, possibly Qasim al-Basiri if he can leave the city. I want to see my ancestors homelands, see the world... You and your husband could come with us if you wanted to leave the city for a time. I promise I would not disturb you if you wished to treat it like a honeymoon."
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:21 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:49 pm
"I plan on traveling with the Ra'Shari named Raya, possibly Qasim al-Basiri if he can leave the city. I want to see my ancestors homelands, see the world... You and your husband could come with us if you wanted to leave the city for a time. I promise I would not disturb you if you wished to treat it like a honeymoon."
"Oh, I see. Thank you for the offer, but for now, I feel Ihave much work to do." She fell silent. "You know...over the last few days I felt that though the city has many healers and surgeons, it needs more. Even more, somehow." She let out a sigh. "Perhaps I can do something worthwhile there. And earn a few coppers." She smirked. "What does your father say about you leaving? And if you do take sidi Basiri with you, take good care of him? He's a dear for sure."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:06 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:21 pm
"Oh, I see. Thank you for the offer, but for now, I feel Ihave much work to do." She fell silent. "You know...over the last few days I felt that though the city has many healers and surgeons, it needs more. Even more, somehow." She let out a sigh. "Perhaps I can do something worthwhile there. And earn a few coppers." She smirked. "What does your father say about you leaving? And if you do take sidi Basiri with you, take good care of him? He's a dear for sure."
"I will admit, I have not talked to father about the idea. But I have Lady Majdala's blessings. As far as who I am bringing with me... I suppose I shall have to wait and see. I wish to travel with Raya, of course. But anyone else is free to come with or not as is their choice. Like I just had to ask you... I wasn't sure how you felt about the Jewel frankly, though I think you seem to fit right in. And have a good read on the place. Because you're definitely right about there not being enough good, reliable healers and physicians around."
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:06 pm

"I will admit, I have not talked to father about the idea. But I have Lady Majdala's blessings. As far as who I am bringing with me... I suppose I shall have to wait and see. I wish to travel with Raya, of course. But anyone else is free to come with or not as is their choice. Like I just had to ask you... I wasn't sure how you felt about the Jewel frankly, though I think you seem to fit right in. And have a good read on the place. Because you're definitely right about there not being enough good, reliable healers and physicians around."
Qara smiled a tight smirk. "Well...hopefully I can bring enough blessings for this poor city to recover at least slightly. And where will you go, Seyyada Menjari, flower of the Jewel?" Her smiled loosened. "I must confess, these last few days have certainly made me re-evaluate some of my thoughts on the city, but it is my home now, and not Rokugan. My husband is hear, and though it was arranged, for me his still dear. I cannot just turn my back on it all."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:00 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:20 pm
Qara smiled a tight smirk. "Well...hopefully I can bring enough blessings for this poor city to recover at least slightly. And where will you go, Seyyada Menjari, flower of the Jewel?" Her smiled loosened. "I must confess, these last few days have certainly made me re-evaluate some of my thoughts on the city, but it is my home now, and not Rokugan. My husband is hear, and though it was arranged, for me his still dear. I cannot just turn my back on it all."
"If there's anything I learned, it's that every bit helps. I mean, without your help, my friend Moto Yarut would never have gotten out of her funk. And I wouldn't have found the perfect gift for Sidi Qasim. As to where I want to go... I want to go to the Ivory Kingdoms, see the lands of my ancestors. At least a little bit. See more of the desert. And perhaps further out. I know I wouldn't be able to see the lands of Rokugan, but I would at least see Moto lands."

She smiled and put a hand on one of Qara's knees as she sat next to her, "Anyways, I wouldn't ask you to turn your back on anything. I had a lot of thought put into making the decision I did. And it's my choice, my choice alone."
Influence: