[D5 EA House of Heavens] Suntouched talismans

Qara al-Hazaad

[D5 EA House of Heavens] Suntouched talismans

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:01 am

Qara laid out the amulets and talismans in front of her, all of them bearing the Mekhet script for Shilah, coupled with Rokugani imagery of the sun. It seemed people were quite interested in it.

OOC:
D5 Craft: Meishodo/Awa, 2 CR, tn 15, moneymaking | 5k3 ⇒ 24 (TN: 15)
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [D5 EA House of Heavens] Suntouched talismans

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:07 pm

And Qara was exactly where Sora was expecting her. Seeing the familiar woman with the now familiar talismans, Sora walked casually over, finding herself once again taking a look at the beautiful little piece of art on display. Well not just Qara, the talismans too.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:17 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:07 pm
And Qara was exactly where Sora was expecting her. Seeing the familiar woman with the now familiar talismans, Sora walked casually over, finding herself once again taking a look at the beautiful little piece of art on display. Well not just Qara, the talismans too.
Qara smiled, and looked over Soraya, whether she is wearing her last talisman. "Greetings Sayyea Menjari. How have you been since I last saw you?"
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:56 pm

Sora gave a curtsy to Qara, smiling softly, "I have been well I suppose. Your necklace was gifted and well received. And I found out some about the troubles I've been having. So I can say I've done well for myself. And you?"

She looked around at the stalls.

"Has the City been treating Sayyea Hazaad with the care and generosity she deserves?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:15 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:56 pm
Sora gave a curtsy to Qara, smiling softly, "I have been well I suppose. Your necklace was gifted and well received. And I found out some about the troubles I've been having. So I can say I've done well for myself. And you?"

She looked around at the stalls.

"Has the City been treating Sayyea Hazaad with the care and generosity she deserves?"
"I have been fine, thank you." She decided to keep the matter of weird ghuls to herself. A proper Dahabi does not waltz into the sewers, after all. Probably.

Dahabi are weird.

"Oh, a gift? Well, I hope Benten has smiled upon you and your chosen. Well, I am glad Sayyeda Menjari has been doing better. Business seems brisk, and hopefully the nighttime predators will also slow down soon. Less dead bodies is good for business, neh?" She paused for a second. "The Khadi and the Caliph notwithstanding, of course."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:28 pm

"Dead... bodies? Those rumors you mean?"

Having not been involved with any of that business, Sora was actually quite surprised to hear that from Qara. Since no one else had ever mentioned it to her.
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:28 pm
"Dead... bodies? Those rumors you mean?"

Having not been involved with any of that business, Sora was actually quite surprised to hear that from Qara. Since no one else had ever mentioned it to her.
Qara flashed a tight smile. "Quite...I gather that this festival saw more death than expected. Such as the dear priestess." She glanced towards the House of Heavens.

"Do you have any idea what that might be about?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:54 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:48 pm
Qara flashed a tight smile. "Quite...I gather that this festival saw more death than expected. Such as the dear priestess." She glanced towards the House of Heavens.

"Do you have any idea what that might be about?"
"I do... not. I know she was killed, by some sort of terrorist or cultist or something. And I lost a friend named Rufus from Yodotai lands. But I never heard any details on either. It's been... very troubling, to say the least. I thought the Jewel at least safe in that way, even if there are always pickpockets and kidnappers."
Influence:

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:58 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:54 pm

"I do... not. I know she was killed, by some sort of terrorist or cultist or something. And I lost a friend named Rufus from Yodotai lands. But I never heard any details on either. It's been... very troubling, to say the least. I thought the Jewel at least safe in that way, even if there are always pickpockets and kidnappers."
Qara hesitated, then reached out a gentle hand, to touch Soraya's shoulder. "It certainly seems like dangerous times, but at least you are well protected Sayyeda. Just make sure you take care while walkign on the streets. Now, perhaps we should divert to a more pleasant topic, neh?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Sora smiled appreciatively at the gentle touch before bowing her head a little in acknowledgement of the question, "Hai, that would be good."

She is unsure what Qara has in mind though, though she glances over at the slight gentle hand of the Unicorn woman.
Influence: