LM - Business as Usual [L&S Open]

Qasim al-Basiri

LM - Business as Usual [L&S Open]

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:58 pm

Festival had been a busy time, Qasim had been away from the shop more often than usual but today he was back in with smiles as he moved around assisting customers and employees a like.

As this go business was doing very well under his watchful eye

---------------------------------
D5 Gentry for the session commerce/int tech vp 2 raises tn 15 | 10k5 ⇒ 38 (TN: 15)

60 pool +120 pool for raises 180 pool
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Qara al-Hazaad

Re: LM - Business as Usual [L&S Open]

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:56 am

A familiar figure arrived at the famed store, wearing a purple dress, scented with flowers, and a veil. She glanced around. "Sidi Basiri, greetings. I hope I am not intruding on your business."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:51 pm

Qasim beamed at the woman as she walked in. He set down something he was fiddling with and walked over. He himself was wearing a Thawb in black with gold accents which contrasted all his employees in their white uniforms.

"Sayyeda Qara! Please Qasim, you act as if we are business associates." He said with a mixture of surprise and happiness "and a woman as beautiful as yourself? Please feel free to intrude on whatever you like." He joked

"So is this a social call or a business trip hm? Maybe a little of both?"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:38 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:51 pm
Qasim beamed at the woman as she walked in. He set down something he was fiddling with and walked over. He himself was wearing a Thawb in black with gold accents which contrasted all his employees in their white uniforms.

"Sayyeda Qara! Please Qasim, you act as if we are business associates." He said with a mixture of surprise and happiness "and a woman as beautiful as yourself? Please feel free to intrude on whatever you like." He joked

"So is this a social call or a business trip hm? Maybe a little of both?"
"A bit of both, my dear Qasim." Qara smiled and raised her fan to...actually fan herself from the heat. "I'm in search of a good painting, and I have heard great things about your store. From yourself, actually, so here I am, to see if it lives up to your reputation. While I'm here I hoped I might see you as well, and have a nice little social visit."

She glanced around the luxurious store. "My my, you do seem to have everything sidi, no?"
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:56 pm

His smile persisted "Well I wouldn't say we have everything but we do have anything." He said with a wink "If there is something your heart desires I can find it for you Sayyeda." His smile turned a touch mischievous and his voice dipped a little "and I do mean anything."

"But a painting hmm? Well we do have a selection of those. Do you have a preferred style? Yodotai? Ivindi? A taste of home perhaps?" He motioned and she would see paintings in every section of the store corresponding to goods from that part of the world. And also a curious section that were set aside outside of any of the sections, not prominently displayed but there none the less.

--------------------
D5 LM Artisan:paint/awareness for money 2 raises tn 15 | 5k4 ⇒ 21 (TN: 15) 1 rank so 10 pool + 20 pool for raises

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:16 pm

Qara raised a finger to her lips in thought. "Well...nothing specific of the style, but something specific on the substance. Somethin depicting a flame." She smiled coyly. "What's your favourite style sidi?"

She moved closer to him. "Please, guide me through your selections."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:27 pm

The finger drew his eyes to her lips but for just a moment as he looked up and smiled "Well, hmm something with a flame you say? Well it's an unusual request but I am used to those." He offered her his arm "Come Sayyeda let me guide you through the world of art." He said with a wide smile as the began moving through the shop

Qasim turned to her "May I ask though, why a flame?" He asked curiously

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:30 pm

"Well, I could be coy, I guess...but my dear Jinn companion has struck a bargain with me, and in return for his services, which were well earned, he requires that I have a picture of an everliving flame displayed. So, I came to the best place I could think if."

She followed him with small, dainty steps. "And I must confess, I was quite curious of this place since you mentioned it."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:32 pm

"Ahh well a bargain with a Jihn is no light matter, I suppose we will have to find you something of exceeding quality for your otherworldly friend." He thought for a moment "Well we have some options here we can tour the shop looking at all the paintings or I can give your order to an associate and we can enjoy a nice cup of tea while they shop for it and bring us the best candidates. The choice is yours Sayyeda." He offered