Day 5, LM - A New Start (closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 5, LM - A New Start (closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:28 am

"..."

She thought a bit on that.

"I will... admit, that is complicated. Qasim has done much for me. and is a wonderful person whom I love. I would marry him without complaint and let him pamper and spoil me endlessly. But it is different than you; My love for you is a burning passion, like nothing else I have ever felt. I want to care for you, grow old with you..."

She sighed.

"If I were to lose either of you in my life, it would be a much bleaker place, but I recognize that love such as that, the kind my lecherous heart stabs me with, cannot be without repercussions. I would never ask either of you two be a concubine or mistress in a relationship. You deserve better."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:21 am

Raya went quiet for a bit, processing the words and trying to understand them.

"Am thinking it is more complicated than anything before. There are some things I am knowing though."

She turned, sitting properly on the womans lap and facing Soraya. Looking into her eyes.

"I am wanting to say this properly. Will try not to confuse."

She took a deep breath before speaking again.

"I love you. Am completely in love with you, and have never been in love before. Do not know what am supposed to do, yet am always thinking of you. Even..even dreaming" her cheeks went slightly red and she was starting to turn away, but forced herself to keep looking at Soraya.

"But...am also knowing that sidi Qasim loves you completely. Part of me is knowing that sidi Qasim would give you more, and world would accept you two together more than it accepting me with you. Yet am also wanting to reject world, take Soraya and be with her always. Is conflicting, and...am scared that something happen that hurt you. Would do anything for you princess, but I....I do not know what to do."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 pm

Soraya could tell Raya was feeling overwhelmed and distressed, so she held the taller girl close, petting her upper back through her robe.

"It's okay... I don't want to rush you. How about you just relax for now, put it off your mind... I have some things I'd like to talk about as far as that goes later, and I will try my best then to be your guide. Now that I'm sure of what I want in my life."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:00 pm

The hug certainly helped, Raya wrapping her arms around the woman and burying her face into the womans neck. Sighing softly as she got comfortable.

"It is ok. I will try not to think on it. Will instead enjoy being comfortable with Soraya. You came all this way to see me after all, want to spend time feeling happy."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:03 pm

"Well, I am certainly happy, you know? I'm here with you, and I have you in my arms. There's really not much else I need in the world..."

She laid back and let Raya get comfortable, petting the woman's curly hair around her new hairclip.
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:40 pm

Raya adjusted as Soraya lays down, resting her head on the other womans shoulder. A smile on her face. She remained quiet, enjoying the moment for a while, before speaking a short while later.

"Have you read anything in your library about magic carpets?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:07 am

"A couple stories, yes. There was one about a Ivindi thief who used one to steal from the rich to give to the poor. One about a woman who wanted to fly high enough to meet Shilah, but the carpet started on fire when she went too high...."

She though a moment, "...and one about a kingdom in the clouds where they raced rugs instead of camels. I'm afraid I don't know any of them by heart enough to tell them though, I'm afraid."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:58 pm

"Kingdom in clouds? Would love to hear that story!"

Raya frowned.

"So have not heard of carpets that...did not like light. That vanished like shadow when light upon them?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:09 pm

Sora blinks a few times then brings a finger to her chin, thinking a moment before shaking her head, "No... I can't say I've ever heard of anything like that in a story."

She looked at Raya with a smile, "Then again, you hearing stories that were not in my library would not be surprising at all, considering that few of what was written in those were Ra'Shari tales."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:37 pm

Raya shook her head.

"Is not story. I found one. Well, was given one. Just not sure if you had story on it, as want to try something to make it not vanish in light but not want to look foolish if done before."