Day 5, LM - A New Start (closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 5, LM - A New Start (closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:36 pm

A giggle and a peck back on the lips, "I can tell, my Raya. Now... there was one other thing in that box though, even if it's not nearly as exciting..."

She picked up the sealed letter and held it up with her free arm, by her head.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:42 pm

"More gifts?"

Raya looked at the letter, accepting it and opening it.

"Ah...is it letter written in Mekhem?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 pm

"It is. Though it's not so much a gift as information. I know we've not talked about it since then, but I really did want to make sure you were safe after that... water thing attacked you."

The letter was written up in Mekhem and seemed to be like a journal entry;
Bazir wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:19 am
''The first tangible possibility was brought up by an elder woman who used to be a scribe and assistant to an Hazaad-sworn sahir. While she never learn his secrets they discussed at length about how sorcery can shape the elements and she believes the corrupted water could have been given form that way. However she was certain that the sahir would have needed to be very close to perform that, either in the very room or one adjacent to it...unless unusual devilry is at work.''

''The second option it a particular type of water demon coming from the the homeland of the unicorn. One of their traders told me that one of their water demons can possess bodies. The caveat being that said demon has only been observed possessing corpses, not live ones.''

''One told me that some cursed oasis or water source can attack someone trying to drink it...perhaps your friend gulped some down and the curse only activated later?''
"I had a friend ask around discretely about the issue. I only mentioned it was something that happened to myself and a friend, not you by name or that it took place in the Ra'Shari camp."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:55 pm

Raya took the letter and read it. Frowning, and clearly going over parts again.

"It is...about the water. It is saying...kind of magic or something from a land of...is this word" she pointed to 'Unicorn' "from those people of Rokugan? Why would this be out here?"

She frowned a little more.

"Have drunk water from rivers, can think of rivers and oasis that had less nice looking water. Some tasted bad. How would know if it was water demon water?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 pm

"I wish I knew more... I asked some questions, but this is all just possibilities. And I'm no scholar... I would need to ask around more. You didn't have any ideas about it, or anything you'd looked into since then, have you? If you don't want to tell me, I understand. Some things are best left unknown after all..."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:03 pm

Raya shook her head.

"Did not think on it more if honest. Tried to push from mind, and have not had any more incidents since. Although have only slept alone since. Is maybe something that only happens with others?"

Raya looked thoughtful, then after a few moments looked back at Soraya.

"You told other people? Of us, and of incident?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:52 pm

"Just the incident. I told the coffee shop owner Bazir that I was staying at a friend's when this happened. So he had nothing else in that regard to tell the people he asked. I suppose it might have been possible that he would have found more information if I'd provided deeper details into the circumstances... but I didn't want to drag you into this without asking you. Especially if it was someone who might become interested in someone snooping around on your behalf."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:03 pm

There was a small nod.

"I understand. I would be worried if someone was coming to be snooping in my home. Although...you did talk to Sidi Qasim about me, yes?"

She placed her hand on Soraya's.

"He said yesterday."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:06 pm

Sora tilted her head.

"I... am always talking about you, Raya. I love you, and I can't stop myself. What you do for me, the way you bring light to my life. Not by how you treat me or how beautiful you are or that you're Ra'Shari, but because you're Raya."

She took Raya's free hand not holding the letter between her own, "I may have news later on that, but I really would like to travel with you some day, to go where you go, to meet the people you know. No matter where that takes me."
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:20 pm

Raya went slightly red, being lost for words at both the direct honesty and the wanting to travel together. She laced her fingers with Soraya, looking down at them for a short while as she thought.

"Am not spare wheel then?" she finally said, looking up at Soraya "sidi Qasim said he was to..no, wanted to marry you is what he said. Am not certain I understanding where I am fitting in."