Day 5, LM - A New Start (closed)

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 5, LM - A New Start (closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:38 pm

"I was just thinking the same thing, actually."

She giggles and takes the brush, gently starting to run it through that unruly hair.

"I used to style my dogs hair. And sometimes I'd have friends over, and we'd style each others hair as well. I don't know that becoming a stylist has ever been an ambition, but I will say I definitely enjoy it..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:10 pm

"When was younger, used to try to style friends hair. It was fun, I remember she tried to do how you say...when hair is grouped and tied in line" Raya reached back and took a small batch of her hair, pulling ti to a side and twisting it to look a little like a braid before letting go to let Soraya continuing styling "and hair was too not cooperating. Looked very strange and was laughed at. Did not ask to have hair styled again."

Raya frowned to herself, but quickly added "but Raya is trusting of Soraya. Knows Soraya cares and will make really pretty style."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:13 pm

"No... I suppose your hair wouldn't be the best for a braid. It's too curly and wild. But a nice low ponytail, or a wild swirl of a bun; You'd pull those off much better than someone with neater, straighter hair."

She smiled as she brushed the Ra'Shari woman's hair, careful not to hit any tangles or split ends too hard.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:32 pm

"What is bun? I am not sure I know of this hair."

Soraya would find that Rayas hair wasn't too difficult to brush - likely the first initial brushthrough where she looked in pain got rid of most of the rebelling.

"My mothers hair was like mine. She left it wild, am thinking it was thing that my papa liked most."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:03 pm

"Here, let me give it a try...."

Most of the knots brushed out, Soraya starting teasing up Raya's hair. She hummed thoughtfully as she did so, having not done this sort of thing in a few years. But she seemed to remember what she was doing, and after some careful pulling, she put the silver pin in place without the butterfly, "Do you have a mirror nearby?"
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:10 pm

"Oh it is..." Raya stood up, looking around before finding a hand mirror and offering it to Soraya.

"Here. Is only mirror I own, will be ok?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:41 pm

She giggled, "I wanted you to look at your hair silly. See what you thought."

The Ra'Shari girl's unruly hair was up in a bun of sorts, curls and all, pinned together with the pin from the butterfly clip.

Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:12 pm

"Oh!"

Raya brought up the mirror, and her eyes widened. She stared at it for a good few moments, turning the mirror a few times to get a look at it from different angles.

"It is not even looking like me! I have never had hair like this before."

She looked at Soraya.

"Does it suit?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:15 pm

"Very much so."

Sora beamed brightly.

"It's still wild like you are and it fits your natural curls, but it's just a bit more sophisticated. I wouldn't replace your usual style with it all the time, but if you wanted to get it off your neck in summer or on a windy day, it would be perfect, no?"
Influence:

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:28 pm

"Yes yes! I am liking that idea."

Raya moved quickly over to Soraya, wrapping her arms around her and giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Thank you. I am really happy."