[EE Ra'Shari Caravan] The Spoils of Thievery

Qasim al-Basiri

[EE Ra'Shari Caravan] The Spoils of Thievery

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 30, 2022 7:56 pm

Qasim made his way out to the Ra'Shari Caravan but this time had more intention than just a few drinks and a good time. He was on the search for a particular Ra'Shari, one who had had spent a wonderful evening with and walked away most satisfied.

He dressed in a rich red Thawb with gold detailing, his hair braided with gold thread weaved into it. He was not certain which moving house was Nihira's so he was mostly wandering the encampment looking for her.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Nihira

Re: [EE Ra'Shari Caravan] The Spoils of Thievery

Post by Nihira » Tue May 31, 2022 2:38 am

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:56 pm
Qasim made his way out to the Ra'Shari Caravan but this time had more intention than just a few drinks and a good time. He was on the search for a particular Ra'Shari, one who had had spent a wonderful evening with and walked away most satisfied.

He dressed in a rich red Thawb with gold detailing, his hair braided with gold thread weaved into it. He was not certain which moving house was Nihira's so he was mostly wandering the encampment looking for her.
Word had gotten around that someone was wandering around the camp most likely looking for someone. Ever the gracious hostess, Nihira popped out of one of the wagons and straightened her hair. When she noticed it was the other half of the duo known as Qahira she actually reached for a comb and a mirror. Not time to reapply makeup, she'd have to go in with what she had on now. Smoothing out her clothing she waved Qasim over with a big smile.

"Hey now, looking to reminisce about our adventures already? I don't blame you actually, I've been thinking about our success too."
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Honorless
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle
Languages: Ra'Shari, Mekhem

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 2:42 am

Qasim spread his arms wide seeing her "Ah there she is, the Ra'Shari beauty that made me a tidy profit. Those were choice goods you aqcuried from that merchant. I had basically no trouble moving them to new homes." He said smiling wide

"have somewhere more private we can reminisce? I never like talking about business in public." The light in his eyes mischievous "you look wonderful by the way, though that is no surprise but a compliment should be given none the less."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Tue May 31, 2022 4:14 am

"Aha, these peepers know what they like and why is worth something good." Nihira pointed at her eyes even as her cheeks reddened just a little bit at the compliment. Taking a second to compose herself, she leaned in to drop her voice.

"Of course, no need for anyone else to know our business. They'd be upset they weren't involved in such a caper. Come, come, I have a space right here. We won't be bothered until later tonight when people start heading to bed. Good thing the Ra'Shari like to enjoy the night." Will h that she pointed at the wagon she had come out of when Qasim arrived. The door was half open and Nihira had left a lamp on very low.

"You'll have to tell me how comfortable you think it is."
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 5:50 am

Qasim's smile turned into more of a grin as he saw the reddening of her cheeks "Well the Ra'Shari aren't the only ones that know how to enjoy the night."

he moved to follow her towards the indicated wagon "I am sure your home will be plenty comfortable. Do you share your wagon with others?" he asks as they approach it.

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Tue May 31, 2022 5:01 pm

"Actually, this wagon is shared with me. This isn't my caravan though they've welcomed me here until they move on again. My caravan is out there somewhere, seeing the sights and meeting new people. While I haven't been in this city longer than I traveled around, it's been a few years."

Nihira opened the door and motioned for Qasim to enter. "There is adventure other there, yes. But there is adventure here in this city as well. How long have you been here in this city if I may ask, Si Qasim?". She slipped into the dialect she was most familiar with when addressing him.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 7:50 pm

"Oh and which caravan do you usually travel with?" He asked curiously as they entered the wagon standing to one side of the door to allow her to follow

"I myself was born and raised in the city. I was born right there in the Dhabi Quarter, I've been a Jewler my whole life. I currently live outside her walls in an estate along the great River but the city is part of my heart certainly."

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Tue May 31, 2022 8:17 pm

"The Caravan of Entertainment, and I stand before you an entertainer." She answered as she followed up the short stairway. The door wasn't closed all of the way however, it was left about a quarter open. Her hand moved to turn up the lantern just a little so they could see each a bit more clearly.

"Oh, so a man of the city I see. No wonder you knew who to go for during our little caper. And how often do you leave that estate of yours? I'd imagine you'd prefer to be among your customers, checking out what the current taste for jewelry is. You strike me as a good businessman...teaming up with me and all." Her eyes went to the door for the briefest of seconds before going to and finding Qasim's in the lantern light.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 pm

Qasim chuckled "Sorry I did not mean the prfession Jewler is what we call those who are at least long term residents of the city." Qasim moved gracefully to the door and closed it "if it is not a problem." He said about the door "as I said was aiming for privacy wouldn't do for people wandering by to listen in."

"As for my home I am there often enough." He grinned at her "forgive the accusation lella but you are in our professional relationship, a thief, you wouldn't be trying to get information about my estate to case it would you?" He asked still smiling raising one eyebrow.

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Tue May 31, 2022 9:10 pm

Nihira couldn't help but laugh. "Of course, I took it literally. Jeweler not jeweler. I see I still have a lot to learn about this city and what it takes to be here. You can't blame me though, what with me able to have one foot out the door. I don't doubt I could leave with this caravan when they decide it's time to go. Having that opportunity is... different."

She watched as Qasim closed the door all of the way and nodded. She'd hear about that later but he was right about privacy if they wanted to talk about team Qahira.

"My dear Qasim, I wouldn't dream of it. It wouldn't do me any good to steal from my business partner for one thing. But honestly, between you and me, I don't find myself seeking out opportunities like the one we had. It was fun and the money is welcome but I don't make such things a habit. Relax my friend, your fineries are safe from me. Now if you'd like to invite me one day..." She hesitated for dramatic effect." ...everything would still be safe. Doubly so with another pair of eyes watching the place."