Day 4, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 4, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:35 pm

She chuckles soft and takes the honey, "You know, you're the third person to say that to me this week? That honey works better in drinks than sugar that is."

Sora stirs a drop in and tastes it, the flavors indeed working together and she sighs happily.

"This is one of the best drinks I've ever had. It would be even better if it was a little cooler I think..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 pm

The man smiles

''I am glad you think so but now you have triggered my need to be contrarian.''

Bazir crosses his legs and begins to explain

''It is a question of both taste and texture sayyeda. With an nut based drink, who is already somewhat thick, honey does not change the consistency very much and mixes well in small cups like yours. The taste also reminds us of baklawas which is usually appreciated. In clearer drinks like tea sugar mixes better and does not overpower the taste of the leaves themselves, making it superior in that context.''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:14 am

She looks up from her drink, swallowing before tilting her head, "...I certainly did not know that. How complex!"

She looks down at the drink curiously, "So... making a good drink... it is like an art then?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:19 am

He pauses for a moment to stroke his beard while he thought

''An art in some form...but I would also say it is a science. Inspiration can give impetus but it is by trial and error that new tastes are discovered or blended together.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:32 am

"But... would it not depend on people's tastes? Not everyone prefers childish, sweet drinks like I do..."

She looks down at the mostly empty cup with a blush.
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:27 am

''There is no such thing as a childish drink sayyeda'' the café owner rejected the statement mirthfully ''And while some people might prefer some tastes and textures to others, a drink is like a dish in that one need to learn what ingredients works well together and in what quantities.''

He paused

''And on the subject of taste...you would be surprised on how similar people are''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:40 am

"I mean, it's no different in many subjects. We have rugs and murals and music that people essentially agree is good, no? Same with food and drink. Still, even if most people are similar, that's not the same as saying everyone is the same."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:50 pm

''Indeed but it is easy to guess tastes after taking into account what we know they already enjoy.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:37 pm

"That is fair. All the more reason for an artist of any sort to get to know their audience, listen to them, maybe explore possibilities with them. Kind of a social thing about communication, in addition to the artistic or studying side of things."
Influence: