Day 4, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 5, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 12:41 am

Her eyebrows went up, "Pistachio plus milk and spice? That sounds absolutely delightful. I love rich, creamy drinks like that. Especially late in the day. I will definitely take you up on that offer."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 31, 2022 1:19 am

He nods and confirms the order before going back to business

''The first tangible possibility was brought up by an elder woman who used to be a scribe and assistant to an Hazaad-sworn sahir. While she never learn his secrets they discussed at length about how sorcery can shape the elements and she believes the corrupted water could have been given form that way. However she was certain that the sahir would have needed to be very close to perform that, either in the very room or one adjacent to it...unless unusual devilry is at work.''
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 3:06 am

"So... likely outside in this case. And looking in if they needed to see their target. That feels... unlikely I would have missed something like that."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 31, 2022 9:44 am

He nods

''The second option it a particular type of water demon coming from the the homeland of the unicorn. One of their traders told me that one of their water demons can possess bodies. The caveat being that said demon has only been observed possessing corpses, not live ones.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 4, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:40 pm

"Ah. Well, neither of us were dead, certainly."

She looked about a bit before leaning closer, "I don't suppose you asked at the Ra'Shari camp at all, did you?"
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:43 pm

He nods in affirmation

''One told me that some cursed oasis or water source can attack someone trying to drink it...perhaps your friend gulped some down and the curse only activated later?''

He mused

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:33 pm

"Oh, that's possible! She is a Ra'Shari, you see... I have not heard of any troubles since that morning... so it is possible it was somewhere the caravan stopped or such?"
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:45 pm

''Mayhaps...but we cannot be sure. Surely a cursed lake or oasis would be noticeable by the caravan she travels with? I am sure they would be aware of such dangers on their route''''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:53 pm

"You're right of course. I'm just... trying to narrow things down a bit, that's all. If I don't have an answer for her soon, ~I~ will be the one starting to get more worried; I would know sooner rather than later if it was someone trying to kill her, or a one time accident."

She looked at the notes Bazir had written out.

"...do you think starting with those and investigating myself would be a good idea? It didn't sound like they came to a definitive conclusion, just possibilities."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:18 pm

''With only what you told me it it nigh impossible to know more from my end, sayyeda.'' he admitted ''But you have a lead to follow...the common thread in this is that this magic did not happen out of nowhere and now you can ask more pointed questions to her.''

He sips his cup

''If she is willing to answer, that is.''