Day 4, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Soraya al-Menjari

Day 4, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 6:45 pm

Soraya was excited. She'd received a letter to come over to the coffee house again, and that likely meant progress! So she was partially excited since it meant getting some answers in a time where she had few, and partially because it sounded adventurous.
Last edited by Soraya al-Menjari on Tue May 31, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Bazir

Re: Day 5, EE, The Cat's Tail - A Tail's Tale

Post by Bazir » Mon May 30, 2022 8:33 pm

As he awaited the young Menjari scion, Bazir was finishing an herbal shisha. The taste of the smoked leaves was decent enough but the real virtue was in some medicinal properties the herbs contained.

If he was to find the ghuls later that night, he would need to prepare.
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 9:57 pm

"Sidi Bazir?"

The young woman's voice asked hesitantly, not wanting to assume. She was dressed in a stunning black dress, looking like she must have just come from something fancy.

"I got your message. Thank you for being of such help, and so promptly too~"

Sora gave a small curtsy.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 30, 2022 10:05 pm

Said Bazir was briefly taken aback by the merchant princess's attire for it was not often his clientèle, even the wealthy ones, walked in dressed in a manner that would befit the caliph's own court.

''Lady Al-Menjari, your words honor me, Dare I say your ensemble is simply stunning'' he bowed ''Please follow me to my private alcove I will give you what I have gathered.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 10:07 pm

She gave him a small smile, "Thank you. It was a gift from a Khadi..."

Tilting her head in acknowledgement, the young woman went where she was directed, finding a seat in the alcove on the side opposite the entrance, looking at Bazir with a mix of patience and an almost child-like impatience.
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 30, 2022 10:32 pm

The man's expression became a well practiced mask at the mention of a khadi, simply nodding in acknowledgement. Sitting opposite to her in the alcove he produced a small leather bound journal and slid it across the table

''I have collected some information from some of my contacts across the city. I wrote them down in this.''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 10:55 pm

She looked down at the paper in Bazir's hand, "You you looked at the information yourself then? And is this information from multiple people then? Color me curious; Though I suppose it doesn't matter, since I'd likely come back to you for further information rather than needing to go to whomever you talked into gathering this."
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Mon May 30, 2022 11:50 pm

''Yes a few accounts, I transcribed it myself. I tried to only keep was was relevant and only asked relevant people.'' he replied ''Do you wish for a quick summary, sayyedda? Mind if I get coffee for both of us then?''

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 11:55 pm

She smiled warmly at Bazir, "I would really appreciate both, actually. I'm not looking to stay up late this time, but I really did like your coffee last time~~"
Influence:

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Tue May 31, 2022 12:06 am

''If you do not wish coffee, perhaps I can interest you in our pistachio brew? Freshly roasted pistachios grinded and mixed with either hot water or milk and our blend of spices?'' he ventured to ask while waiving for a waiter