(LE River Quarter) Emerald of My Eye (closed)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: (LE River Quarter) Emerald of My Eye (closed)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 7:31 pm

Qasim's eyebrow rose a little in surprise "I must say Sora I am unused to receiving gifts. I am most often the gifter and rarely the gifte." He said with a little chuckle

"But it is certainly alright." He said happily
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 9:07 pm

She smiled, chuckling softly under her breath, "Well, there is a first time for everything..."

Sora opened her hands and revealed a purple crystal necklace;

It was not fancy, and to a trained eye the crystal wasn't anything special, just purple quartz. Even the necklace itself was just a thin gold chain. But it certainly looked different, two golden arms wrapping around the crystal itself to hold two golden hands together in front of it. Above the hands meeting there was a symbol etched into the crystal, a Rokugani symbol of some sort.

"I got it from a lovely Dahabi woman who used to live in Rokugan. It made me think of you, Qasim~"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 9:18 pm

Qasim gently took the item from Soraya his smile small and warm as he looked it over "and I have never recieved a more beautiful gift." He said softly. Sure he had recieved more expensive things, fancier things, things that cost ten times as much probably but truly in his life he had never recieved something that looked as beautiful for him.

He slipped it on and let the gem dangle leaning forward to place a long soft kiss on her lips "Thank you Soraya. I will wear it always, even if it does not match my outfit." He said with a small chuckle
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 9:29 pm

A blush touched her cheeks at his reaction, and her smile widened until she was practically beaming, sitting up straight, "I was told it is a blessing of their Goddess of love and beauty, Ben Ten. Though I know the Rokugani have strange views on love and marriage, she encourages true love to flourish. So I thought if I could have anyone looking after you all the time, it would be a goddess~ One gentler than Shilah, no?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 9:54 pm

Qasim nodded holding her hand gently "a much gentler goddess yes." He said smiling "thank you truly."

"Ah yes I also have something for you!" He reached back grabbing the sturdy wooden box "I was going to wait until after dinner but since you have just given me a gift I now have one for you."

He held the box out to her and opened it

Inside was a necklace of gold and emerald, the necklace was intricate with filigree of gold weaving in and out and fairly large emeralds set in places. It was a small necklace it would be little more than a choker even on her slender neck it was an expensive gift with gem and metal quite it easily cost several copper. And if she were to flip is over on the back of the setting for the central emerald that would rest on her throat was inscribed My Tigress - Qasim

"I wanted to get you something after last night and went to a jewler I knew. He had this in stock and the emeralds sparkled in a way that reminded me of the way the night stars looked reflected In your eyes." He smiled "it is also much stronger than it looks, it could hold up to a good amount of tension." He said alluding to things done yesterday.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 10:25 pm

Sora's eyebrows went up as she took the necklace from Qasim, looking it over in her hands, appreciating all the details. She listens to him talk as she puts it on, the thing snug around her throat, where she runs her fingers across it.

"Mmmm... it feels wonderful, I'll admit. It doesn't pinch or anything. And it sparkles so much... You have an eye for quality as always."

She closes the box as she looks over at Qasim, tilting her head a little bit, "A very bold piece too, with the inscription. Did you have an intention with it?"
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 11:00 pm

Qasim held her hands gently "I intend it to be a mark of belonging between us. I suppose I should have gone into that as well before you put it on." He reached out and ran a finger along the edge where it met her skin

"That you are MY tigress. Free as you are, you my roam but always to return back to me eventually. Not something to restrict, unless you want it to be." He grinned with a little mischief "but as a symbol." He explained as he ran the finger up and under her chin holding so she looked him in the eyes "Knowing this do you still accept it?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 31, 2022 11:38 pm

She seemed to think about it for a bit, reaching out and lacing her fingers with his, "I mean... I would say so; After all, I always will return to you, or come to you if needed. That is what you mean, right?"
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 31, 2022 11:50 pm

He nodded smiling and squeezing her hand lightly "Yes just so." He leaned forward to pull her into another kiss longer and hotter pulling back from it He rested his forehead against hers "My Tigress, beautiful but strong. Fierce but loving. I am blessed many times over to have you in my life."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:11 am

Despite her fancy dress or the earlier heavy topic, Sora scooted over and started nuzzling at his shoulder, leaning over on her cushion to accomplish this.
Influence: