(LE River Quarter) Emerald of My Eye (closed)

Qasim al-Basiri

(LE River Quarter) Emerald of My Eye (closed)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sun May 29, 2022 10:52 pm

Before they parted earlier In the day Qasim and Soraya had made plans to meet back up for dinner at a high class restaurant in the river quarter.

Qasim reserved a private room on the second floor of the establishment. The place was opulent with shining surfaces everywhere and a low table with cushions around it in a fairly large room for just two people. The room was entirely private with a door leading to the rest of the establishment and another that went out to a balcony that looked out over the river.

They were led to the room by a somewhat overly eager proprietor who bowed multiple times and often rubbed his hands together and said a servant would be with them soon to bring them food Qasim nodded and smiled handing the man some copper and turning to his date smiling even wider

"The man struggled to keep his eyes off you for more than a few seconds. Not that I blame him" Qasim said giving her a kiss as the doors closed before moving to sit on the well cushioned floor setting a small box made of dark polished wood on the table
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: (LE River Quarter) Emerald of My Eye (closed)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 12:04 am

Soraya wore a stunning back dress, something she highly intended to have the effect of drawing everyone's eyes, so she waved aside the statement.

"Of course, of course. Still... this is a very nice establishment. You say you have been here before then?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 30, 2022 12:41 am

Qasim nodded, truthfully he had also had a hard time keeping his eyes off her, she looked simply stunning. Qasim himself opted for a fine white suit of silk which contrasted beautifully with his dark skin and black hair which was braided along his back down to his waist. He also wore two gold filigree Claws over his pointer and middle finger on his off hand.

"Yes on a couple of occasions, the food is excellent and the drink just as good. I am glad you seemed to pull out all the stops for our dinner my love." He said offering up the clawed hand to help her sit
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 1:18 am

Sora curtsied a little before taking Qasim's hand, smiling a bit and sitting down gracefully on a cushion.

"It's a date with you,love. Of course I would."

She looked around at the room itself, seeming to pay particular attention to the balcony and what the view off of it might be like.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 30, 2022 2:05 am

Qasim followed her gaze and smirked a little looking back to her "a little patience, we will certainly spend ample time on the balcony but it can be good to let anticipation build." He said subtly but noticeably brushing the dark wooden box next to him on the table looking to her the whole time.

He held her hand in his left thumb stroking over the back of her hand his dark eyes met her green ones and he reflected her smile "How are you I know we've spoken of some big things this week and much both exciting and dangerous has happened. How are you holding up?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 2:15 am

Turning back from the outdoors, Sora firmly fixed her attention on Qasim, even before he stroked her hand.

"In all honesty? Better. Yes, I still have unanswered questions, and uncertainty brings anxiety. But I know what I want at least, so I just need to make it reality."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 30, 2022 2:21 am

Qasim leaned a little on the table "and what is that?" He asked curiously.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 2:24 am

"Marrying you and Raya, traveling the world, then settling down and starting a business."

Of note that completely left out any mention of a few notable individuals, namely her family and Majdala.
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 30, 2022 2:30 am

His eyebrows went up a bit his stroking halting and the smile on his lips was small but in the small smile loved an infinite warm happiness and she could see they way it lit up his eyes the dark brown pools like rich chocolate he squeezed her hand "and we can do it together." He said finally

There was a pause where he cleared his throat his smile growing, an almost giddy energy "I know You said as much last night but hearing it as your goal, hearing you say it so plainly." He sighed shaking his head, almost goofy smile settling in his lips "I feel as if my heart could fly away I am so happy."

He did not miss the things left out "what of the khadi? your family?" He asked knowing they had been sticking points even last night.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 30, 2022 7:57 am

"My family can burn in the 10,000 hells. The more I have learned, the less sympathy I have for my father; Just raising me isn't enough to make up for what he did to me. As to Lady Majdala, that is still the biggest sticking point. I do love her, Qasim. But I do not think she could travel with us so freely. Not to mention I wouldn't want to force her company on you or Raya. But if I was saying what I want, I know I would like her to travel with us. Perhaps getting out of the City and its poisonous political schemes would do some good for her heart. No pun intended."
Influence: